Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

19 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I mean you have your opinion and i enjoy reading your posts generally, but i have to politely disagree.

Leeds are a big club in the same way a child believes in Santa. It's real until you realise it isn't. 5 major honours in their history, awful stadium, riddled with failure, limited experience in the top flight and their fan base is a large set of delusional supporters from one city. Nowhere near us or leeds in any way shape or form. Those who think they are anything more than a small club also think newcastle are massive and havd unfortunately been reeled in by the Sky jizz fest over them.

I’ll allow you to do no such thing! 😉

• Haha 1

Can't wait for this one, prior to roughly around November/December 2018, Bielsa was my favourite manage in the world. Then along came Smith.

Will be watching this live with you all for certain.

UTV!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I still maintain Leeds didn't do anything wrong. Players can't start reffing games themselves. Our stance that " we stopped play for your player " is a bit playing ball in the park mentality. It wasn't a head injury. The ref identified that and let play continue. We shouldn't of stopped playing. Not many that would of done what Bielsa did. It'll be a very awkward, uncomfortable game for us i think though we've a marked improvement in quality of player since we last played them. That 1-1 game was messy, they probably shaded it. They throughly deserved their win against us at VP Christmas 2 years ago. Was smash and grab but they were all over us.

Of course Leeds did something wrong.

Bamford came to a to stop with our players and so everything went relaxed, then he just starts up and goes full throttle, he deceived our players and put himself in a goal scoring opportunity. Because of the confusion he went onto score, that being said we did ourselves no favours, we should of played till we heard a whistle. We thought there was honour in Leeds and we were wrong. We put the ball out for them and expected the same in return, it didnt happen. Most teams would of kicked the ball out and returned the favour, not Leeds though. As for Yanse I do not blame him for trying to argue Bielsa's fairplay goal or wanting to stop it, its natural. 

Bamford was everything wrong with that game, like I said above he didnt only deceive our players but he caused Ghazi to be sent off. I dont know how you can even think Leeds hadn't done anything wrong. Bamford is Leeds (Guilty by his actions), that TIT deceived not once but twice and should of been red carded for going to ground for trying to get a player sent off.

I have this feeling tomorrow that this game and all future games with Leeds will have this Heat about it, where its personal, very personal between us and them. I feel what Leeds did brings a special kind of hate in the match. This has very Physical, lots of Yellow cards written all over it, I'd be very surprised if there wasnt alot of mental games by both sides.

Cant stand Leeds and I've never said that about any football club and Bamford I hope someone makes a Mockery of him tomorrow the rocket polisher.

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Lawro thinks we'll lose 2-1

Just coming to post the same thing, in summary we have been great and I know Leeds lost v Wolves but.....

Garth Crooks and him must still draw some sort of wage from the BBC, pains me that my licence fee funds some of that.

3 hours ago, useless said:

Of course Leeds did something wrong their player feigned to kick the ball out that's why we stopped playing and then they went and scored the goal, Bielsa recognized this and allowed us to score a goal, and credit to him for that.

Another thing that annoys me about that incident, is that you now get Leeds fans asking why we didn't allow Sheffield United to score against us after that hawkeye 'mistake', the obvious difference being that incident wasn't our fault, whereas the goal that Leeds scored against us was them cheating.

Is it only me that remembers the fine details of that game because no one ever mentions it.

The same half of that UTD game where Hawk eye was none existent and yes utd should of had a goal, yet that very same half should of seen us with two looked at penaltys one of which would of been a penalty (the first incident). Its all okay everyone saying Villa should of been relegated off that, but anyone who clearly watched the games knows full well we should of had decisions also and it's annoying as hell that people only every remember what should of gone against us and not what for.

Watch the game again, one penalty decision in the first half was McGinn being brought down in the box for a very lovely run. Cant remember who went down for the second but after seeing in different angles not so sure it would of been given unlike Mcginns run.

Either way Var and Hawk eye has messed Villa up plenty last season and in the same game were criticised for a goal that should of stood against us, yet the same game not remembered for decisions that should of been looked at to aid us as well.

Edited by Dave-R

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

No doubt he waxed lyrical about the 1- 0 loss to Wolves and their 'performances' so far 🤣 With a couple of lines for the Villa who have been 'fortunate'

3 hours ago, TRO said:

That was at a time when their work rate v ours really showed. I think we have moved on somewhat since then.

They deserved the win that day.

Sorry I dont agree so much TRO. I feel it was one of those games that was bag n forth alot. I mean we won the game 2-1 didnt we, sure Bielsa had a hand in us having a goal for his fair play but to say they deserved to win when we won is what counts. I couldnt care, Bamford got Ghazi sent off, we nearly had Hourihane slaughter Bamford with a choke and the grass turn red, I wouldnt of been surprised if Ghazi had of killed the Linesmen and Kodjia was just being Kodjia walking around the field during game play. For what it's worth with the team we had I dont think Leeds out played us, they were the better team in the first half but the second I think was ours. Who deserved to win though?? well the score spoke that day and so did justice, which was delivered on the day and on the pitch I think TRO.

I hope Leeds go down this season, they prob wont but there are far more likeable clubs than that club that I'd like to be in there place.

Bring it on tomorrow and hurry because I hope were all talking about 5 wins on the trot and the smashing of Leeds.

I have a weird feeling we're going to give them a bit of a smashing. I admit I'm a lot bias ... but is it just me that sees a number of similarities with Norwich last season? The the domination in the Champ, the enigmatic coach, the early performances and the 'have-a-go-style' and subsequent early season plaudits. I'd take a 5-1 drubbing.

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I have a weird feeling we're going to give them a bit of a smashing. I admit I'm a lot bias ... but is it just me that sees a number of similarities with Norwich last season? The the domination in the Champ, the enigmatic coach, the early performances and the 'have-a-go-style' and subsequent early season plaudits. I'd take a 5-1 drubbing.

With that score Gentleman, I'm getting a Leeds fan forum account ready to rub in there faces 🤣.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

With Phillips out as well. Laughable really. Not saying there is no way Leeds will win but you got to have us as favorites given all the circumstances.

Aston Villa v Leeds (20:00 BST)

Villa are going great guns, with four wins out of four in the Premier League so far. It's not just been their results that have been impressive, because they have been playing well too.

'We are working hard' - Smith on Villa's winning start to seasonVideo caption'We are working hard' - Smith on Villa's winning start to season

But I just fancy Leeds here. I watched them against Wolves on Monday and, although they ended up being beaten, it is clear already this season that, even if they are not playing well, they are competitive and they will give everyone a good game.

Kalvin Phillips is out injured, which is a blow to Leeds because he covers acres and acres for them. But you won't see anything different from them on Friday - they won't change the way they play because one of their better players is out.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Steve's prediction: I'm so glad to see Leeds back in the Premier League, I think it is where they deserve to be... but I can't see them beating Villa, who are really well organised. 2-1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

But I just fancy Leeds here. I watched them against Wolves on Monday and, although they ended up being beaten, it is clear already this season that, even if they are not playing well, they are competitive and they will give everyone a good game.

what a dickhead

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

On 21/10/2020 at 22:00, Mark_1989 said:

WTF..Nakamba for Luiz.

NO WAY!

Our success is down to the fact Luiz is allowing the midfield infant of him to do their jobs. So comfortable on the ball and has a huge engine. He is the bedrock that allow the others to 'play'.

Whoa slow down there fella, I know we have some excellent players in the U18 and U23, But with the work rate of Leeds, I don't think we should risk anyone from the U8's for this game

• Haha 2

On 18/10/2020 at 23:08, lapal_fan said:

I hope we score a shit goal in the 110th minute after Bamford gets his arms chopped off and we pretend to kick it out, but play on and then in celebration all our players run past Bielsa and dick slap his chubby face as he squats interestingly in his technical box, with Martinez or McGinn delivering a fatal blow to him with their massive schlongs.

English isn't my first language so sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Tits.

I've so missed your comedy posts.  They you go write an absolute peach out of the blue. 👍