Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Big difference from last season, we'd have collapsed after making some of these mistakes. But with more quality in the side, especially from Cash and Emi, not to mention the performances of Trez, we haven't. And even then, the Leicester chances were hardly looking like major goals.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

This game is a shitshow because of this buffoon.  Consistent fouling is stopping all our attacks.  Someone will get hurt with these challenges starting to pile up. 

The Praet 'tackle' on Grealish was a borderline red alone. Wasnt even booked. Then he took out Cash as well 

• Like 1

I'm slightly worried if they bring on Maddison. This match is an example of what I was nervous about when we didn't field a DMC with more presence. I hope Luiz can manage, but they have gone through the gap between our midfield and defence so easily. 

Trying to avoid the match thread inplay as I do feel it can bias opinion somewhat on what your seeing, also as I'm in a delay.

Not a half for the neutrals but I imagine we'll be happy. Very cagey with both sides packing the middle of the park and guilty of some sloppy play at times, obviously goals change games but can see this being a 1-0 (hopefully to us).

Jack also once again proving he is on another level, just a joy to watch.

• Like 1

Everything they do that's decent comes through Barnes, their fullbacks are excellent.

Moss is a little bit of a worry, Praet should definitely have been booked and I thought Ihenacho looked like he should have got one on a totting up basis.

McGinn has been inventive but we're not quite clicking at the moment.

This will be all about who comes out fired up or who makes a stupid mistake.

Just how far we have come in the close season is incredible.  We actually look like we know what we are doing!

Leicesters tactics reflect this, its going to be nerve wrecking in the second half!

• Like 4

Why is Barkley off the free kicks? We've had the usual dirge from Jack on free kicks.  Targett and McGinn. I expect nothing from these people on corners and free kicks. 

Barkley is good at them yet hasn't taken one? Makes no sense. 

I hate that Jack is out where the kick is even if he's not going to take it.  And he should never take it.  Get him in the box where he's a danger. 

Glad I didn’t pay £15 for that. Referee has been truly terrible for both teams. 

Grealish has been epic as usual.

overall we’ve been quite sloppy in possession. Mings and Konsa passing directly to them twice each.