Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Leicester definitely had the first 15 but I think we have been the better team after that. Trezeguet imo should have scored and that filth from Jack deserved a goal. I'd like Barkley to shoot a bit more though he's had a couple of opportunities where I think he passed them up. I'd like Watkins to pull out on Castagne a little more as he is looking dangerous for them. And we should give Fofana a bit more of a hard time.

Just now, LondonLax said:

They are a side challenging for the Champions League places and we’ve gone up there and gone toe to toe in that half. I think that shows our quality this season. 

Yeah but we just beat the champions 7-2 and Leicester are missing half their team.

I was expecting more.

Dunno who will be happier.  Leicester have been the better team but we've basically cancelled each other out.  I'd definitely take a point here, but it doesn't look like we are playing for a point.  Ollie has been quiet, we've looked to Jack too much and Leicester have been able to deal with it because they've been expecting it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Castagne is a threat and Wesley Fofana is very impressive. 

Only other match I've seen of him was against PSG last month and he handled Neymar and Mbappe as well as he's handling our forwards.

probably a bit unlucky the rest are injured. Fofana plays really well imo.

4 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Konsa had it covered.

Probably  did, but Cash should have won the first challenge he was in prime position and got there first , he shouldn’t need to foul there if he had done his job properly in the first place.

• Like 1

So the ref is a joke. More than  slightly biased, just shocking. The scissor tackle, no booking,. The repeated fouling by nacho, no booking.  Castagne, repeated fouling, including one that was arguably a booking in its own right, no booking.  One foul and then a fair tackle by McGinn, booking. Dickhead. 

Couple of sloppy passes from Luiz and Mings have invited pressure but the mop up acts have dealt with that pressure very well. 

Shame we're playing against the ref as well as Leicester. I fear that with Maddison to bring off the bench for them i can only see Leicester getting stronger,  and us getting more tired, with no real options on the bench.

Hope we get an early goal after half time and the the ref sorts out his booking system next half. 

Grealish great as always but there has been a few occasions where he has taken a couple of touches too many instead of releasing the ball early to teammates running into areas.

Minor complains but still.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Good game so far, evenly matched, some misplaced passes from us but other than that very organized, what a difference from that Liverpool game, just makes you realize what a freak result that was with such open play.

• Like 1