Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

So the ref is a joke. More than  slightly biased, just shocking. The scissor tackle, no booking,. The repeated fouling by nacho, no booking.  Castagne, repeated fouling, including one that was arguably a booking in its own right, no booking.  One foul and then a fair tackle by McGinn, booking. Dickhead. 

Couple of sloppy passes from Luiz and Mings have invited pressure but the mop up acts have dealt with that pressure very well. 

Shame we're playing against the ref as well as Leicester. I fear that with Maddison to bring off the bench for them i can only see Leicester getting stronger,  and us getting more tired, with no real options on the bench.

Hope we get an early goal after half time and the the ref sorts out his booking system next half. 

we have an option in Traore off the bench that could make things interesting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They are a side challenging for the Champions League places and we’ve gone up there and gone toe to toe in that half. I think that shows our quality this season. 

We don't look like scared children defensively, there's strength and confidence throughout the side.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They are a side challenging for the Champions League places and we’ve gone up there and gone toe to toe in that half. I think that shows our quality this season. 

Exactly.

Leicester are showing us a lot of respect and vice versa. We certainly look around their level so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Can see there being 1 goal in this. Hopefully in our favour.

Cagey game so far.

was saying the same earlier itt. the way both teams are setup I think the first goal will see the winner.

• Like 1

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Good game so far, evenly matched, some misplaced passes from us but other than that very organized, what a difference from that Liverpool game, just makes you realize what a freak result that was with such open play.

yes that result was a one off. This is a totally different sort of game 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Trez defensive work will get unnoticed by most.

But he is such a crucial player for us.

he has been great. real shame he didn't put that chance away because the run up for it was a fantastic read of play.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

we have an option in Traore off the bench that could make things interesting.

Forgot him! Haha. Whilst he's not had opportunity to really show his thing yet,  I can see this being the game for him to do so. Fingers crossed he can come on at 0-0 and not when we need something