Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Stoke

limpid

Match Polls  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/20 at 11:00

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Here we go.  Same old crap as always.

Just for the record... Impartial people without an agenda who do this thing for a living.. seem to think he was our best player.

elghazi.JPG

He was. It doesn’t say much about the rest because he was pretty poor himself but he was easily our best player.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

El Ghazi actually had one or two good moments, but it was a typical performance from him. A few fancy tricks, but lots and lots of mishit shots he had no right to be taking, and I'm furious with him not sliding in to try to get Davis's cross for a tap in to an open goal.

Traore gets a bit of a pass from me as he's so new, if he was an established player putting in a performance like that I'd want him dropped, he may as well have stayed at home.

He's never reaching that - the ball was overhit (Davis weak foot).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Thug said:

Just for the record... Impartial people without an agenda who do this thing for a living.. seem to think he was our best player.

elghazi.JPG

Davis as our worst player seems fair, and I like him! But he was the main striker for most of that game and was awful at it. Within a minute of coming on Watkins did more.

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

elghazi.JPG

Who is Ngoyo?

Awful, plain and simple

Hause is never defender.  Taylor, Lansbury and co are poor.  Davis shows he can’t score again.  Traore was missing which is a little scary. Smith seemed like he didn’t want to go through anyway.  

Waste of 10 quid, don’t mind if they try..

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Garbage. 

Depth we have. Quality depth we do not.

No one here is putting pressure on the first team. 

Thats the worry

10 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Davis converted into DM. 

Well he’s here for three years, might be worth a shot. I don’t care how he contributes, as long as he does. 

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Just no urgency!

Gutted when Hause got injured as we needed those 3 subs in all the attacking areas. El Ghazi decided he was going to play the whole game at walking pace, Lansbury lacked bravery in his play and Davis was just ineffectual. Guilbert may as well been a centre back for how much he got forward too.

At least Traore and Ramsey have excuses both being new to the team, but looking at that makes you realise how far the first team have come on!

Made run after run in behind them and was literally never found - or even looked for tbh.  At one point, he made (yet another) run, the ball got switched to the left and he was visibly frustrated.

I sometimes wonder what games people watch.

• Like 1

How to ruin our mojo

Play 

Taylor

Elmo at centre

Hause

Lansbury

Davis

El ghazi

All in the same team

Then when we play utter dog dirt we bring on jota ?

Ratings

Steer 9 a couple great saves

Gilbert 9 only player in defence until konsa

Elmo 3 utter gutless but no surprise

Hause 2 couldn't even stay on the pitch so wasted one of our attacking subs, total shocker tonight

Taylor 4 literally zero and that is being generous that he adds to any team

Lansbury 3 thinking he can float 40 yard balls instead of keeping things simple and failing. Missed various sitters throughout the game 

Ramsey 9 can only presume he was taken off as he will feature in our next game

El ghazi 1 what a greedy selfish shower of talentless shite he showed himself to be tonight

Davis 0 a total joke tonight a slow ponderous zero goal threat touch of a rapist joke

Nakamba 5 ultra negative, the turning circle of a cruise ship and the passing ability of one

Traore 6 looked decent first half then decided he was playing anywhere but where he was meant to be playing exposing our right countless times

Konsa 7 actually came out with the ball and tried to pass it, unfortunately the joeys in front of him normally hit it straight back to him under no pressure.

Jota 6 put some decent ball in and kept it tidy but not the player who should have come on

Watkins 7 a waste putting 1 good player in amongst a showr of shite.

Smith 0

Don't expose young players like ramsay to the turd team you put out. Dont leave el ghazi and Davis on when they were clearly utter gash.

Stop this rubbish of a midfielder being passed the ball beat his man and hoof it back to the bloody player who originally passed it you for them to next time lose it.

Must have happened 10 ? 15 times tonight ?

Yes its a cup but when were we that great that we can take it like we are playing against the school for the blind ?

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s clear to see Traoré has the ability. His passing was on another level and he was always looking for quick one twos etc but he looked frustrated most of the time in this game.

He won’t be a fan favourite if he looks like he can’t be bothered. 

Which he does. 

You need to be really good to be able to carry a body language like that. And he ain't all that. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Defeats are always hard to take but when you stick 11 players together then don’t play week in week out and have hardly played together against a very organised team they will struggle. It happened to Wolves and Leeds. I think there’s been a few other scalps too. 

I wouldn’t read to much in to this game. 

I mean yes, obviously, so why bother at all? You'd be better off just playing the kids if that's our opinion of the tournament because we all know the second string are not up to it. Might as well save the reserves from the inevitable embarrassment and reduced sale value of an inevitably poor performance. Good job nobody paid to watch that because they would all deserve a refund. I think fielding that lot was a cynical exercise by Smith. Cack!

Â