Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Stoke

limpid

Match Polls  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/20 at 11:00

Not sure I get the “better team won” comments. Lansbury has missed a sitter, Davis missed a sitter and missed the easiest opportunity you’ll see in a long time to give el ghazi an open goal.

Meanwhile Stoke stuck 11 men behind the ball, scored from a corner and then wasted about 15-20 minutes in the second half.

Yes we were poor but we really should have won that game regardless. We are desperate for another striker because if Davis has to play a run of games we’re in a lot of trouble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cacccckkkk! Horrible.

I'm afraid Smith deserves stick here. 

That team was never going to score tonight. Should have tried harder by playing better players imo.

Zero desire or intent. Obviously we care more about the league than the league cup, but THAT much?

Our second string is dreadful. Very poor.

• Like 1

I gave El Ghazi man of the match. Only player that try to make things happen.

Put it on a plate for Davis and was unlucky with his shot after a good run.

Also needed a simple cross field pass at one stage to tap it in instead Davis thrashed it across goal.

Anyone that says he was one of our worst players obviously judges players on who they are rather than how they played. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Average.

It's hard to know if he was stifled by those around him, or just wasn't interested tonight.

Some people may have seen his performance differently, but every time I saw him he was either walking around, or caught flat footed.

He had a few moments where he made stuff happen, but not enough considering the level of opposition.

At times it seemed like our players were completely ignoring him and passing in the opposite direction. He mad some good runs and got in some space but then Fred or Henri would turn around and move away. I think better players around him will see him getting the ball more

• Like 1

Just no urgency!

Gutted when Hause got injured as we needed those 3 subs in all the attacking areas. El Ghazi decided he was going to play the whole game at walking pace, Lansbury lacked bravery in his play and Davis was just ineffectual. Guilbert may as well been a centre back for how much he got forward too.

At least Traore and Ramsey have excuses both being new to the team, but looking at that makes you realise how far the first team have come on!

Jota is a good footballer, but he's way too slow. It's a shame, really.

Konsa pretty much shut them out when he came on. It shows the gulf in class between the first and second string.

Watkins had a great chance as soon as he came on, but never really received any decent service after that.

I don't really know what to say about the rest.

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

They had 11 behind the ball most of the time. 

In the second half after Konsa came on yes. Before that they passed and moved nicely. Did the pixies have their 12 shots on goal.?

Defeats are always hard to take but when you stick 11 players together then don’t play week in week out and have hardly played together against a very organised team they will struggle. It happened to Wolves and Leeds. I think there’s been a few other scalps too. 

I wouldn’t read to much in to this game. 

No surprises here. Shit players playing shit football without caring. Fortunately none of these (starters) play for us in the league. Injuries will bum us bad.

Feels oddly familiar and safe. That winning all games -tripe wasn't my thing anyways.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

El Ghazi the only one that looked arsed.

Traore was very poor. Doesn’t look first team quality at the moment.

It’s clear to see Traoré has the ability. His passing was on another level and he was always looking for quick one twos etc but he looked frustrated most of the time in this game.

He won’t be a fan favourite if he looks like he can’t be bothered. 

Â