Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Stoke

limpid

Match Polls  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/20 at 11:00

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Made run after run in behind them and was literally never found - or even looked for tbh.  At one point, he made (yet another) run, the ball got switched to the left and he was visibly frustrated.

I sometimes wonder what games people watch.

Yep I saw him raise his hands as if to say wtf ? Played the second half on his own down the right as traore decided he wasn't playing there

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

How to ruin our mojo

Play 

Taylor

Elmo at centre

Hause

Lansbury

Davis

El ghazi

All in the same team

Then when we play utter dog dirt we bring on jota ?

Ratings

Steer 9 a couple great saves

Gilbert 9 only player in defence until konsa

Elmo 3 utter gutless but no surprise

Hause 2 couldn't even stay on the pitch so wasted one of our attacking subs, total shocker tonight

Taylor 4 literally zero and that is being generous that he adds to any team

Lansbury 3 thinking he can float 40 yard balls instead of keeping things simple and failing. Missed various sitters throughout the game 

Ramsey 9 can only presume he was taken off as he will feature in our next game

El ghazi 1 what a greedy selfish shower of talentless shite he showed himself to be tonight

Davis 0 a total joke tonight a slow ponderous zero goal threat touch of a rapist joke

Nakamba 5 ultra negative, the turning circle of a cruise ship and the passing ability of one

Traore 6 looked decent first half then decided he was playing anywhere but where he was meant to be playing exposing our right countless times

Konsa 7 actually came out with the ball and tried to pass it, unfortunately the joeys in front of him normally hit it straight back to him under no pressure.

Jota 6 put some decent ball in and kept it tidy but not the player who should have come on

Watkins 7 a waste putting 1 good player in amongst a showr of shite.

Smith 0

Don't expose young players like ramsay to the turd team you put out. Dont leave el ghazi and Davis on when they were clearly utter gash.

Stop this rubbish of a midfielder being passed the ball beat his man and hoof it back to the bloody player who originally passed it you for them to next time lose it.

Must have happened 10 ? 15 times tonight ?

Yes its a cup but when were we that great that we can take it like we are playing against the school for the blind ?

9 for Gulibert  Lol ! 

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Made run after run in behind them and was literally never found - or even looked for tbh.  At one point, he made (yet another) run, the ball got switched to the left and he was visibly frustrated.

I sometimes wonder what games people watch.

I lost count of the times he meandered out of defence, stopped, played the easy ball inside, then....nothing!

The space was there for him all game. 'Run after run' is definitely looking though rose tinted spectacles

Just watching him made me realise what an upgrade we have in Cash.

• Like 1

As long as I’ve been watching the game, which is a long time, it has irritated me when clubs disrespect cup competitions by playing weakened sides. Years ago the FA would punish clubs for doing this. I would feel clubs who did this and got beaten were deservedly out. I see no need to feel any differently because it’s my team. We got what we deserved. A chance of Wembley Final just chucked away. Disappointing.

• Like 1

Thought El Ghazi had a go but lacked intelligence.

Lansbury is one of the worst player I have ever seen in  a Villa shirt.

Traore was poor, his signing is the one that comes with the biggest question marks.

Guilbert played poorly. Offered nothing going forward. We need to move him on I feel.

Davis was Davis - battled, held it up well, missed a sitter.

Ramsey was our best midfielder with ball, very surprised when he was taken off and Lansbury was left on. Bad substitution there.

Nakamba did ok. He did his job at least. 

Taylor, was Taylor, but at least he was better than Guilbert.

Elmo shouldn't have been at centre back as Stokes strikers were lively and both stronger than him.

Hause was Hause. Good in the air. Athletic, poor with the ball at his feet.

All in all the kind of performance I expect from the majority of this lot. That was an average championship team we put out there and they got beat by a good championship team. 

This is why I maintain that we need another attacker and left back at the very least. 

Hourihane seems like he will get the start on Sunday as he wasn't involved today. With Hourihane instead of Lansbury and that back up team looks a bit better. A good runner and set piece taker in midfield. 

• Like 1

When I saw the team sheet I had a bad gut feeling, I know we've got a huge game ahead on Sunday but any successful Cup run blends a few of the starting 11 in, there was way too much dross out there and it cost us.

Just now, brummybloke said:

Your hatred of him is embarrassing.

That aside - rating him at 9 tonight is diabolical - he nearly gifted them a goal just before HT - all he seemed to do was 8 yard sideways passes - never on earth was that a 9/10 performance.   

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I lost count of the times he meandered out of defence, stopped, played the easy ball inside, then....nothing!

The space was there for him all game. 'Run after run' is definitely looking though rose tinted spectacles

Just watching him made me realise what an upgrade we have in Cash.

Rose tinted? I don’t support Fred Guilbert :D

It was just incredibly obvious that he was trying to get forward at every opportunity - I think he made more forward runs than anyone else. 

A 9 for Ramsey is unjustified IMO. I'm not going to give the kid a hard time with equally poor performances from much more senior players, but I hoped for a bit more from him tonight.

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Your hatred of him is embarrassing.

No.. what's embarrassing is your 9/10 rating.  

Along with 9/10 for Ramsay, and whatever mad score you gave Traore who was pretty dire.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Rose tinted? I don’t support Fred Guilbert :D

It was just incredibly obvious that he was trying to get forward at every opportunity - I think he made more forward runs than anyone else. 

We definitely watched a different game!

12 minutes ago, Thug said:

Here we go.  Same old crap as always.

Just for the record... Impartial people without an agenda who do this thing for a living.. seem to think he was our best player.

elghazi.JPG

'Same old crap as always'. I've been here about 3 months and that's the first time I've mentioned AEG I think.

Sadly, he's still muck. Rating him as our best player tonight - after the collective performance we just witnessed - is like trying to identify a favourite childhood trauma.

And he wasn't our best player tonight, because Ramsey was.

• Like 1

El Ghazi was bad in the first half but much better after the break. Nobody was good though.

It is less to do with the quality of the players, and more to do with the tempo and the attitude in the first half. It was always going to be very hard to break them down if they got ahead, given their massed ranks in the middle of the pitch, and they just had a better tempo at the start.

• Like 1

What a dispiriting result. Not a good time to puncture the optimism and momentum before Liverpool. Absolutely wasted opportunity to keep it going. Davis is going to **** piss me off so much. We desperately need more striker power. Someone who can actually **** score goals

Just now, est1874 said:

'Same old crap as always'. I've been here about 3 months and that's the first time I've mentioned AEG I think.

Sadly, he's still muck. Rating him as our best player tonight - after the collective performance we just witnessed - is like trying to identify a favourite childhood trauma.

And he wasn't our best player tonight, because Ramsey was.

I meant in reference to El Ghazi being the scapegoat - not that you personally make him so -  so apologies for that.

Ramsay was no better than the rest of them out there.

Â