Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Stoke

limpid

Match Polls  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/20 at 11:00

33 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Thought El Ghazi had a go but lacked intelligence.

Lansbury is one of the worst player I have ever seen in  a Villa shirt.

Traore was poor, his signing is the one that comes with the biggest question marks.

Guilbert played poorly. Offered nothing going forward. We need to move him on I feel.

Davis was Davis - battled, held it up well, missed a sitter.

Ramsey was our best midfielder with ball, very surprised when he was taken off and Lansbury was left on. Bad substitution there.

Nakamba did ok. He did his job at least. 

Taylor, was Taylor, but at least he was better than Guilbert.

Elmo shouldn't have been at centre back as Stokes strikers were lively and both stronger than him.

Hause was Hause. Good in the air. Athletic, poor with the ball at his feet.

All in all the kind of performance I expect from the majority of this lot. That was an average championship team we put out there and they got beat by a good championship team. 

This is why I maintain that we need another attacker and left back at the very least. 

Hourihane seems like he will get the start on Sunday as he wasn't involved today. With Hourihane instead of Lansbury and that back up team looks a bit better. A good runner and set piece taker in midfield. 

I didn't see the game, but I value your opinion.

I think we need another striker, before the window shuts.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I didn't see the game, but I value your opinion.

I think we need another striker, before the window shuts.

I'd say a Rashica or someone like like that who can play wide or upfront and has quality. Not convinced by Josh King. We are short of quality in both positions. Left back is an issue also. 

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I'd say a Rashica or someone like like that who can play wide or upfront and has quality. Not convinced by Josh King. We are short of quality in both positions. Left back is an issue also. 

Or shakiri, if we can't Rashica.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Perhaps we were just pushing our luck with that team

Yup, even with a better left back, left winger and Wesley up top we still would've had a fight on our hands, but I'd be happier that we can cope with injuries and the 2 games a week schedule.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Says the person who gave our only player to do anything positive for the first 70 minutes a rating of 1.

If keeping the ball till you lose it positive ?

Or maybe shooting instead of passing, repeatedly with little if anything going anywhere near the target ?

Its a team game, not an im not passing it because I think I'm better 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

That aside - rating him at 9 tonight is diabolical - he nearly gifted them a goal just before HT - all he seemed to do was 8 yard sideways passes - never on earth was that a 9/10 performance.   

There were 4, yes 4 players in the first half trying.

Surprise yet not surprised that you fail to mention his cross which lansbury had a harder effort to miss than score ? Im sure if it were elmo making that cross you wouldn't have stopped going on about it.

Or that he played on the right the entire second half on his own as traore had gone walk about ?

• Like 1

Despite the team that was put out.....how many of us thought this was a formality/ a given.......most of us I would wager....but they never are, maybe they wanted it more than us.

i didn't see the game, so I can't comment on specifics, but I have a good imagination reading the views.....and i am also aware of the varied opinions, on who was to blame,despite the conclusions that it was rubbish.

it seems we got what we deserved, nowt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

If keeping the ball till you lose it positive ?

Or maybe shooting instead of passing, repeatedly with little if anything going anywhere near the target ?

Its a team game, not an im not passing it because I think I'm better 

I get it, you hate him.

He lost the ball loads. At least he was picking it up and running at players. The wasteful shooting was very frustrating, but no one else in the team looked like trying to grab the game. He is one of the few that tried anything at all. Also could easily have had an assist with the Davis chance, which should have been a shot on target as a minimum.

He was shit. Just not as shit as most of the others.

• Like 2

Slightly worrying that these players didn't fight for their place in the starting team. They must know they are the B team basically, but why not try to give the manager a harder decision?

• Like 1

Woke up at 4am to watch that shit show. Would have definitely been better off staying asleep.

Just a really disjointed performance from beginning to end, showing how poor our second string really is.

Voted Ramsey as the best of a bad bunch as he looked ok, without being threatening. Traore seemed mostly disinterested, but had a couple of good moments. I also felt Davis wasn't his usual hard-working self. El Ghazi seemed to be the only one trying to do anything of note while being extremely frustrating. Had a couple of good moments - a cross that flashed across goal which Davis should really have buried, and also a slaloming run into the box where he got his shot away but straight into the keeper's arms. However, more often than not, he'd be extremely wasteful, taking pot shots from distance or turning the ball over easily.

The whole team performance can be summed as "meh". Nobody really trying their best with most of the team treating it as a practice match. Found it laughable when the commentator said that Taylor was an attacking fullback, and Guilbert wasn't. Thought Jota and Watkins added some urgency to the play, with little result. Watkins forced a good save from the keeper with almost his first touch.

Well done to Stoke for turning up, when we clearly didn't.

Edited by Ghost
Praise for Stoke
  • Like 2

Â