Ross Barkley

LondonLax

The average number of days lost per hamstring injury was 12.9 days (range, 1-177 days). This study found that players missed an average of 2.6 games after acute strain of the hamstring.

Looks like Barkley got a 
grade 2 Hamstring injury. So he be out 2-3 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

The average number of days lost per hamstring injury was 12.9 days (range, 1-177 days). This study found that players missed an average of 2.6 games after acute strain of the hamstring.

Looks like Barkley got a 

Based on?

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

Looks like Barkley got a 

Not too bad. Hopefully get him back for the Burnley and West Brom games where we should be dominating the midfields.

Out for the Chelsea game over xmas so he'll also be fresh for the Man. United game on the 2nd of Jan. Make sure he warms up properly this time!

On 18/11/2020 at 23:16, Spoony said:

I’d want to see Barkley for the whole season before jumping the gun on signing him. He’s obviously quality when he’s got the bit between his teeth but he fell apart against Leeds and Soton. Albeit so did everyone else but we were warned about this with him.

If he can prove his consistency with an odd blip then I’m all for it. 

Absolutely this 100% !

Lots of ridiculous hysteria about signing him already. He has just arrived and shown the odd moment but its how he performs over the season that matters. Personally, I don't think he'll make the grade over a season. Hope I'm wrong but I think he'll fade to mediocrity in the second half of the season and we shouldn't be paying for mediocrity.

10 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Absolutely this 100% !

Lots of ridiculous hysteria about signing him already. He has just arrived and shown the odd moment but its how he performs over the season that matters. Personally, I don't think he'll make the grade over a season. Hope I'm wrong but I think he'll fade to mediocrity in the second half of the season and we shouldn't be paying for mediocrity.

I think he's shown more than the odd moment. He's been pretty fantastic for a good few games against big teams. I'd say if anything he's been bad for the odd moment.

Hopefully his injury isn't serious because we need him.

• Like 1

Such a shame, you just knew when he pulled up it was going to be one of those days. I remember last season when early in the 1st half we lost Mings in one game & McGinn in another... we lost both of those games too. I think it was home to Southampton & Leicester.  Now que all the teams surrounding Grealish & making him less effective as he has nobody else to bounce off in the same way.... as we saw yesterday.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Such a shame, you just knew when he pulled up it was going to be one of those days. I remember last season when early in the 1st half we lost Mings in one game & McGinn in another... we lost both of those games too. I think it was home to Southampton & Leicester.  Now que all the teams surrounding Grealish & making him less effective as he has nobody else to bounce off in the same way.... as we saw yesterday.

Yep. No coincidence Jack didn’t have the best of games. But a slightly jaded Luiz and Mcginn didn’t help. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep. No coincidence Jack didn’t have the best of games. But a slightly jaded Luiz and Mcginn didn’t help. 

I think Jack too was likely a little tired and no surprise in that with all the games played.

On 22/11/2020 at 13:16, HongKongVillan said:

Finger cross it shows yesterday he can be the difference 

I'm not sure it did, in the sense of us losing the game.......I think other factors were more at large, that affected that result.

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He's going to be a huge miss 

Well yes but could have been a whole lot worse. 2 games is not significant in the length of the season really. We have a good 7 day lead in to our next game so I hope to see a proper system next game that makes the most of our available squad.

Â