Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Think the thing that annoys me most about him is that in every game he seems to try some kind of clever flick which gifts the opposition the ball in a really dangerous area. Really wanted Davis to come on because he's good at being strong and retaining the ball, Barkley offers the exact opposite. Dreadful.

Honestly can't wrap my head around quite how bad he's gotten. I know a lot of folk want to chalk it up to "lazy prick" etc but it has to be more than that. The fella is only 27 and looks a ghost of the player he was even at the start of this season, much less any earlier. Looks completely mentally and/or physically shot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Honestly can't wrap my head around quite how bad he's gotten. I know a lot of folk want to chalk it up to "lazy prick" etc but it has to be more than that. The fella is only 27 and looks a ghost of the player he was even at the start of this season, much less any earlier. Looks completely mentally and/or physically shot.

I didn't want to believe in the long covid stuff at first because it felt like an excuse without any real evidence but his regression has been truly shocking that I'm starting to consider it.

I think its more likely though he's just a confidence player and right now he's totally bereft of confidence. 

• Like 2

So devoid of confidence that he looks like he doesn't know what to do with a ball at his feet, complete deer in the headlights 

If it was the Barkley from the 7-2 playing today I think we win that game, got the ball in some great positions in space and then did absolutely **** all with it

Complete passenger and seeing as he's not ours we shouldn't be carrying him, bin him off 

• Like 1

I genuinely thought he was about to have the big moment towards the end. 1 on 1, beat the defender, smash it into the corner...

Instead he got his feet mixed up again, then got tangled with Ramsey and so Liverpool go down the other end and score. :lol:

He was an absolute mess today, it's quite sad how poor he's become. 

Whatever the reasons for his demise, we absolutely shouldn’t be trying to sign him. It’s not worked out, he’s Chelsea’s problem now. 

It is a shame because he started so brightly, and for him personally he must be gutted to see his career going down the pan. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Can we terminate the loan?

He is ahit i dont want him here anymore. Give a youngster a go ahead of him

Agree, waste of a shirt number! I can't drive but would gladly take him back to Chelsea! 

film fire GIF by Lionsgate Home Entertainment

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We only have one youngster in the academy do we ? 

so we should have thrown in Carney vs the Champions at Anfield without ever playing in the 1st team. Yep thats a brilliant idea

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We only have one youngster in the academy do we ? 

What is it about any of the other youngsters that would have convinced you to adopt a level headed approach for once? Because sorry to break it to you, but it certainly wouldn't be that any of them are actually ready to dominate a midfield against Liverpool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

so we should have thrown in Carney vs the Champions at Anfield without ever playing in the 1st team. Yep thats a brilliant idea

A brilliant idea that i havent said well done 👍 you love putting words in my mouth.

maybe we shouldnt have loaned out conor hourihane?? Or is that on smith either?

Just because ramsey has been lame doesng mean every youngster woll be like that.but of ciyrse you can see in the future and predict that they would all perform like ramsey

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

What is it about any of the other youngsters that would have convinced you to adopt a level headed approach for once? Because sorry to break it to you, but it certainly wouldn't be that any of them are actually ready to dominate a midfield against Liverpool.

The mighty liverpool midfield that got done by Burnley and fulham? Your giving them to much credit there.

If we dont have youngsters better/on par than ramsey in the academy then our academy is failing.

Basic lwvel football jesus close your man or at lesst block the shot not jump out of the way of it

Â