Ross Barkley

LondonLax

We won't be signing him and I don't think Barkley wants to be here anymore either.

Chelsea should have sold him while they could when there would have been plenty of suitors and recouped or paid off as little as possible on his contract.

In loaning him out they have only confirmed to the PL he isn't worth anything whilst his contact is as high as it is. He'll be on loan against next season.

They've basically done a Darren Bent on loan to Fulham.

I don’t think there is much point in us using Barkley now we ain’t going to sign him and he looks so disinterested in playing he is strolling around the place be better off playing Ramsey and Sanson till end of season 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think he is done here now.

A player with his ability should be at least coming off the bench when we’re losing against a team in 18th place.

DS does not trust him enough at this moment.

Will probably end up at Newcastle if they stay up.

Him being unused sub today says it all, back to Chelsea as soon as the final whistle goes after the Spurs game (given we have Chelsea on final day).

Edit: Wouldn't shock me if Chelsea take Loftus Cheek back and send them Barkley instead, if they stay up of course.

Edited by VillaChris

In a game like today when we were absolutely horrific for most of it, desperate for creativity and Barkley still doesn't get off the bench with Ramsey being preferred again. 

I think that says it all. Unfortunately his time with us has been a disaster since that injury, he's done here now I'd be quite surprised if he features regularly again this season. 

Good job he wasn't brought on, even commentator mentioned it that it speaks volumes when Ross Barkley is still benched after your three subs.

I were surprised but glad in a way and it may make Barkley believe he has to do better when he next gets a chance because he is capable but he seems to be one heck of a pain in the ass at the moment.

Jack sort your friend out.

If Dean Smith doesn't think he can improve things after that first 75 minutes then there's 0% chance we will be signing him.

Very disappointed as it was an impressive signing of intent and for the first couple of games he looked like he might well take us to another level.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If Dean Smith doesn't think he can improve things after that first 75 minutes then there's 0% chance we will be signing him.

Very disappointed as it was an impressive signing of intent and for the first couple of games he looked like he might well take us to another level.

Sums it all up really. What could have been.

Think this is probably it for Barkley’s top flight career and he only has himself to blame. 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2020 at 01:56, Zatman said:

I said before we shouldnt sign cast offs from the top teams, before somebody says McGrath it was a different time and era. 

A lot of these players have no hunger or desire when dropping down the table. Everton and West Ham prime examples

Well I think we have to give Zatman some credit here...

• Like 3

Yeah, today really shows that we have no plans to move for him in the summer and that's probably the right decision. 

Real shame that it has turned to what it has because we looked amazing going forward as a team until his injury. 

17 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Well I think we have to give Zatman some credit here...

I always bring up Martinez when people talk about not recruiting "cast-offs" from bigger teams. Jesse Lingard has been a pretty good signing for West Ham so far too. I don't think there's any hard or fast rules about how to make a good signing.

I feel like we should probably stop talking to Chelsea's loan department for a few seasons, though, else they'll probably sell us a bridge next.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, today really shows that we have no plans to move for him in the summer and that's probably the right decision. 

Real shame that it has turned to what it has because we looked amazing going forward as a team until his injury. 

It speaks volumes. He is finished  here no question.

Barkley only has only himself to blame. Has been generally poor. He jas had countless opportunities to impress.

He will probably be loaned to a newly promoted team next season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I always bring up Martinez when people talk about not recruiting "cast-offs" from bigger teams. Jesse Lingard has been a pretty good signing for West Ham so far too. I don't think there's any hard or fast rules about how to make a good signing.

I feel like we should probably stop talking to Chelsea's loan department for a few seasons, though, else they'll probably sell us a bridge next.

jose mourinho chelsea GIF

He looks happy at that prospect...

• Haha 1

He's been too poor for too many games in a row. And it doesn't help that even when he's brilliant on the ball, his defensive contribution isn't even worthy to be called such, because when he's useless on the ball too that leaves you with nothing, which we can't afford. 

Thanks for the (few) good memories. Waste of a talent. 

Â