Ross Barkley

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

A brilliant idea that i havent said well done đź‘Ť you love putting words in my mouth.

maybe we shouldnt have loaned out conor hourihane?? Or is that on smith either?

Just because ramsey has been lame doesng mean every youngster woll be like that.but of ciyrse you can see in the future and predict that they would all perform like ramsey

Ramsey is the best academy player we have, do you think the other youngsters will walk into the team 🙄

Which youngster should we have played since the 2 highest rated we have you dismissed

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The mighty liverpool midfield that got done by Burnley and fulham? Your giving them to much credit there.

If we dont have youngsters better/on par than ramsey in the academy then our academy is failing.

Basic lwvel football jesus close your man or at lesst block the shot not jump out of the way of it

Yep too much credit to the league and previous Champions League winners. Fabinho, Thiago and Wijnaldum a bunch of cloggers 🙄

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The mighty liverpool midfield that got done by Burnley and fulham? Your giving them to much credit there.

If we dont have youngsters better/on par than ramsey in the academy then our academy is failing.

Basic lwvel football jesus close your man or at lesst block the shot not jump out of the way of it

Our U23s got beaten by Fulham 4-1 Yesterday, so I'm not sure what point you think you're proving.

Do you actually watch our youth as there is clearly talent there? It doesn't mean they're ready to start against Liverpool.

It's weird how your opinions in that post are all based on comparisons of other stuff rather than looking at direct evidence. Is our midfield better than Man City's because we beat Leeds, who they lost to today? 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Ramsey is the best academy player we have, do you think the other youngsters will walk into the team 🙄

Which youngster should we have played since the 2 highest rated we have you dismissed

Who says he is the best? You ?

Your speculating you know as much as i do

He probably bothers to watch the U23s now and again, like a lot of others on here who give opinions on them.

Eh he is the only one to break into the squad so obviously the club do at the moment 

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Our U23s got beaten by Fulham 4-1 Yesterday, so I'm not sure what point you think you're proving.

Do you actually watch our youth as there is clearly talent there? It doesn't mean they're ready to start against Liverpool.

It's weird how your opinions in that post are all based on comparisons of other stuff rather than looking at direct evidence. Is our midfield better than Man City's because we beat Leeds, who they lost to today? 

They beat wolves 4-0 the other week. Sam i havent said we need to use the whole u23s. My point was that its ridiculous to assume that because ramsey hasnt done well it doesnt mean every yojngster we have wi be the same.

Ramsey for me hasnt demonstrated much.

What direct evidence sam? And whats wierd because you disagree with my opinion.  The facts are liverpool hadnt scored in open play in 9 or won

Yet they played around 60 % and we still were crap and created nothing like a trend in the last  5-6 games. Even fulham we were pathetic for 70 minutes.

Liverpool are bettee than us but to leave with nothing aftee the way the game went is criminal

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Eh he is the only one to break into the squad so obviously the club do at the moment 

Or smith rates him but another manager might not if we had someone else. Chuka looks a real prospect i reckon when given a chance he will be more a success than ramsey.

Ramsey will benefit from a loan move.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We spent the last season and a half restructuring and rebuilding our academy. Most of our academy players are quite young.

Time is on our side with the academy and for next season i'd like to see us use them more frequently. And even in the remaining games of this season would be fun.

Bit early to be writing them off or expect them to make a huge impact already.

• Like 2

They beat wolves 4-0 the other week. Sam i havent said we need to use the whole u23s. My point was that its ridiculous to assume that because ramsey hasnt done well it doesnt mean every yojngster we have wi be the same.

Ramsey for me hasnt demonstrated much.

What direct evidence sam? And whats wierd because you disagree with my opinion.  The facts are liverpool hadnt scored in open play in 9 or won

Yet they played around 60 % and we still were crap and created nothing like a trend in the last  5-6 games. Even fulham we were pathetic for 70 minutes.

Liverpool are bettee than us but to leave with nothing aftee the way the game went is criminal

And my point was we don't need to assume anything, we can watch them play and make an informed decision without Ramsay coming in to it! Having watched them much more often this season I don't think any of them are ready for a game like that.

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

And my point was we don't need to assume anything, we can watch them play and make an informed decision without Ramsay coming in to it! Having watched them much more often this season I don't think any of them are ready for a game like that.

Thata fair enough. My point was that because it hasnt worked out fir ramsey so far doesnt mean would be same for others 🙂

we've always had a scapegoat, pretty much throughout my time following the club since the interweb has been a thing. petrov, westwood, ireland, and more recently even the likes of mings. and in the majority of cases i fundimentally have disagreed with the treatment of them.

this time, however, i'm fully on board the anti ross bandwagon. when we're pretty much unanimously saying that keinan davis should be on the pitch instead, we know his time is up. 

the worrying thing is that i still think we'll buy him in the summer as we'll basically sign jack's mates in the hope that he stays.

• Like 1

Barkley has been poor again. But this reaction is OTT.

I can't see that he's been markedly worse than any of the other midfielders today. Ramsey literally tackles Barley and it's Barkleys fault?

Luiz and McGinn have been trash as well the second half of the season and neither deserve their place. Ramsey hasn't had a decent game for us, hes completey inneffective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, commander said:

Barkley has been poor again. But this reaction is OTT.

I can't see that he's been markedly worse than any of the other midfielders today. Ramsey literally tackles Barley and it's Barkleys fault?

Luiz and McGinn have been trash as well the second half of the season and neither deserve their place. Ramsey hasn't had a decent game for us, hes completey inneffective. 

Agreed. 

For birkley a 7/10 performance today.

That equates to a 2/10 for anyone else.

Utter waste of a shirt. Luckily those high wages will go towards something more useful next season such as free scarves for our first home game with a crowd, or free ketchup on half time chips.

Or maybe swapping regular light bulbs for LED ones, they pay for themselves after a couple years.

Or just pile up a week of wages we are paying him and set fire to it.

Anythings better than him playing for us since his injury.

He tackles Barkley because Barkley takes a full 5 minutes to realise that the big white thing in front of him is the thing he needs to shoot the spherical white thing towards. 

• Like 1

Man plays one touch in midfield when he has 2 weeks to settle it down and the ball bounces all over the gaff.. Man plays 29 touch when on a 3 on 3 break or one on one with a last defender.

Bloke is a **** moron. Be surprised if he is able to tie his own shoes.

• Like 2

Rumor has it is still trying to make his mind up as to what to do with the counter attack! 

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a player choose to do the wrong thing so often. The likes of N'Zogbia and Kodjia look smart in comparison. 

Honestly, if he tossed a coin o rolled a die to decide what to do the outcome would probably still be better. And it wouldn't take any more time to execute, mind you! 

McGinn barely controls a ball all game, miss places passes all over the pitch runs around like a headless chicken, falls over a lot, like every game for the past 3 months.

mings sends another brain fart sliced back pass that should have cost us a goal; let’s Salah get in front of him for their goal. 

ATA scored a worldie 30 yard rocket through a packed defence.

Barkley comes on finds space (all the time), sends a lovely penetrating pass to AEG with one touch; takes the ball on but fails to get a shot away (just like Watkins earlier in the game?) fails to score due to indecisiveness and suddenly he is the reason we lost. 

Re watch the game, this scapegoating is utterly ridiculous, actually try and think what the problem is, it’s not Barkley. 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Ă—
Ă—
Ă‚