Match Thread: Villa v Sheff United

limpid

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Very sloppy with the final ball since the pen.  Sheffield united been excellent defensively we cant deny that.

They look a lot bigger than us and mor ephysical so think we ought to take trez off and bring on davis to support ollie

Good thing the only thing Deano has coached them to do is hoofing. 

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

This tactic of forcing the opposition defence to head the ball so often they get brain damage and forget where they are might not be a strong long term strategy.

I think the trouble is it's ONLY a long term strategy.  Keep it up until they're all about 60 and we'll wipe the floor with them.

• Haha 1

Test ramsdale from distance. I'd back watkins to get onto loose balls and we could get more corners if they clear it.

Trez needs to be back post and grealish needs to stand where trez currently is for set pieces. He scores in that position so why do we move him away from that are. 

still need to build up sharpness. We need to keep them moving and tire them out. Emi - great debut stuff so far. I'd bring Davis on quite early in the second half, around 55-60 minutes if there's still no goal.

Patience needed