Match Thread: Villa v Sheff United

limpid

10 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

Why can’t we stretch teams enough when we’re one man up!? I don’t get it. We need AEG on and move Jack in the middle. 

We were stretching them better at 11v11 when SU were open and here to win the game. SU are more compact now and much more difficult to break down. They’re happy to hit us on the break. Bigger chance we lose this now I fear!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Maybe it's the service that is the issue😉

I would say we need more crosses into the box but with 10 men they're going to sit back - we need to utilise the flanks, cut inside, create space. Cash has a cracking cross on him but it's going to waste when they're set up like they are 

Just now, Stratvillan said:

Clearly not true. Cant play through the middle because of numbers.

We literally have more players than them. Got the finest playmaker England can cough up, and you think we can't play through the middle? Alright then. Lets agree to disagree on that. 

We are hoofing it with 1 striker against a huge 3 man backline. That's so dumb it should be an example of shit coaching. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

How is Micah Richards a pundit? 

It is the same job as his last one, sitting on his arse and collecting a pay cheque, Just with added  talking

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow.  Everyone has taken the negative pills this evening.  I think we have been much, much better than last season.  Sheff Utd packing the box and looking to hang on.  We've been inches away from the perfect ball three or four times now.  Not a lot of space but we seem to be moving the defenders around well which will tire them out.  I can't see us not creating at least one big chance in the second half.  Just a case of being patient and then clinical when that chance comes along.

• Like 2

Just now, AvonVillain said:

45 minutes into a brand new season. Jesus wept.

I'm not blaming him, my point is you could stick Ibra up top and he'd look the same too because we aren't bringing him into the game. Quote my entire post not just the part that fits your narrative