Emiliano Martínez

hippo

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Can he be our new penalty taker?

Yeah. Someone suggested Luiz be the new penalty taker on the basis of he is South American so by that logic, I don't see why not.

Edited by sparrow1988

5 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah. Someone suggested Luiz be the new penalty taker on the basis of he is South American so by that logic, I don't see why not.

There seems a flaw in that logic somewhere.

its about, can he score them, not where does he come from.

Wesley has played for Brazil, and gets joked about in some quarters.

6 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Unpopular opinion: He should’ve claimed the corner for the first goal. I love the guy, but if we’re being honest about all the performances, then this should be pointed out as well. 

I think he is impeded by Antonio there. I think he should have gone for it and gone down. But Antonio is a brick wall and I don't think martinez has a clear path to claim the ball there. Why is there not a defender on Antonio keeping him off the keeper. That is basic footballing though. You stand in between the striker and the keeper so your keeper can get a clear run to claim the cross. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Unpopular opinion: He should’ve claimed the corner for the first goal. I love the guy, but if we’re being honest about all the performances, then this should be pointed out as well. 

Agreed but with the proviso that a defender should've also protected him from being blocked by Antonio.

7 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I haven't seen any that glaringly stand out as should have been saved by the keeper......but I do think the defence has lowered his expectation of clean sheets.

Clean sheets clearly give any keeper confidence and that little extra spring.

• 2 weeks later...
Â