Emiliano Martínez

hippo

He is far and away the most effective penalty shoot out goalkeeper on the planet. No one else comes close. He has won the last 5 shootouts he has been in. Statistically thats amazing as its a 77 percent chance of scoring a pen.  Shows that his shithousery and mentality are the difference between winning and losing . 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's an absolute word removed and a disgrace to football, no one should ever think of buying him or wanting him at their club 

:ph34r:

He's a genuinely world class best in his position player, maybe the first time ever at Villa you can say that, I'd like to think he's ours, he's one of us, even though I know that means nothing in football anymore, he knows what he means to this club 

Just imagine the disdain we would have for him if he never played for us 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, grobs said:

How is he banned for the semi 1st leg? I thought all yellows are wiped after the quarters 

They are wiped, but if you've picked up enough before the wipe then you're suspended.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just imagine the disdain we would have for him if he never played for us 😂

Well, it's a bit of a moot point because he'd barely be playing if we hadn't have bought him.

Edited by His Name Is Death

This idea that we plucked him from obscurity isn't really true, he had played the last nine games of Arsenal's league season and was also playing in Europe and the FA Cup for them, he played in the FA Cup Final that Arsenal won, and he was getting a lot praise for his performances at the time, and when we were first linked the reaction was very positive because of how well he had been doing, also it was reported that Arsenal only sold him because of FFP reasons, and the most obvious choice was one of their two keepers, because they had two good ones at the time, I remember looking on one of their forums and a number of them wanted to keep him instead of Leno

Of course I don't think anyone could have predicted he would do as well as he has done for us and Argentina, but it wasn't as if we spent £20m on some random Arsenal squad player

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grobs said:

How is he banned for the semi 1st leg? I thought all yellows are wiped after the quarters 

He was booked in the first leg and again (twice) in the 2nd. It’s the same as McGinn and Cash etc that were on yellows, they didn’t get booked tonight so theirs is wiped, Emi did so he’s suspended.

Got to be worth an appeal for that shoot out yellow when there's a bloody good argument he's trying to get a ball to get things moving, he does nothing wrong there.

• Like 1

Â