Emiliano Martínez

hippo

9 hours ago, lainux said:

Wonder who'd go in goal for pens had Martinez been sent off, think we might need to get an outfield player to start practicing! 😅

Olsen, we had a sub left and would have lost a peno taker

I really wish I’d paid more attention in French at school now because I’d love to be able to read what they’d written on LilleTalk about last night.

I bet even the most levelheaded Lille fan was either having an aneurism or just incoherent with rage.

Do we have any French speakers who could get us a few choice quotes?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I really wish I’d paid more attention in French at school now because I’d love to be able to read what they’d written on LilleTalk about last night.

I bet even the most levelheaded Lille fan was either having an aneurism or just incoherent with rage.

Sea

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

No, but I could get you a room with a ham and cheese sandwich

Football isn't a being nice contest.

It's about winning at all cost and by any means necesarry.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Guardian labelled him the Tainted Martinez 

I bet Pickford does it he be labelled clever

This is why England won’t win things. Emi has an elite win at all costs mentality. None of this mythic stiff upper lip crap and faux English stoicism. I bet however if he was still at Arsenal they’d be applauding him more. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Can’t make subs during a shootout?

I reckon maybe Pau, tall and agile.

True, maybe i was thinking of a different sport completely. Just like last nights ref

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Nah, Duran surely! Imagine that nutter in goal.

That would have calmed the situation 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

With the very greatest of respect - Paul was simply the best centre half of his generation and would have walked into any team in the world at his prime.

This just isn't true and a very obviously blinkered opinion.

Lille fans abused him, waved imaginary cards at him when he legitimately was holding the ball. It’s embarrassing. Why do officials and pundits clutch their pearls when players dish it back? Emi just shushed and mocked them a little. That’s it. Players are humans too. Not sure why sections of the media are acting like he stuck his middle finger up or spat at anyone. 

• Like 4

Â