Emiliano Martínez

hippo

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

Article 52 of the regulations that “all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals”, 

I read something like you get suspended for every 3 yellow cards after the group stages and he got that so who knows.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I read something like you get suspended for every 3 yellow cards after the group stages and he got that so who knows.

I know, he ain't banned,  rules are clear despite some of the media not knowing them.

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

I know, he ain't banned,  rules are clear despite some of the media not knowing them.

No, I think he is banned unless we successfully appeal one of the cards.

9 hours ago, R.Bear said:

This is a good point and based on what you said, you’re right. He’s the best player to have ever played for us. He’s the best in his position and would get into every team in the world, club or country. No one else in Villa history can say that.

With the very greatest of respect - Paul was simply the best centre half of his generation and would have walked into any team in the world at his prime.

Even today - legends from that era talk about him, as being the best.

You might be lucky enough to be young enough, not to have seen him play - I don’t know ?

But trust me - Paul McGrath is a footballing genius and simply world class. 
I would back him against anyone Haaland, Ronaldo ( both of them ) anyone to be honest with you 👍🏻

• Like 2

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

No, I think he is banned unless we successfully appeal one of the cards.

So this doesn't count in your world?

Article 52 of the regulations that “all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals”, 

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Watching back the replay two things seem to happen  

one Emi is clearly asking for a ball , as there wasn’t one on the field of play at the time , an appeal would succeed on that basis I should think , he wasn’t booked for the sush motion to the crowd so I don’t think they can factor that into the decision 

the other thing is the ref makes a motion like they often do after Var to suggest that he has nulled the yellow card … has the second yellow definitely been confirmed ? 

Thats exactly how i interpreted it. 

Guess we’ll have to wait for the ref’s match report

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

“my world” 😂

There are further rules around bookings than in that one repeatedly shared screenshot. Honestly, I don’t know so I’m not going to argue til I’m blue in the face about it but the bit I’ve read would suggest he gets a one game ban for getting 3 bookings. We’ll see won’t we and I’d be delighted to be wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

But it also says that “all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire after the group stages”. It doesn’t say that about after the QFs, therefore if he has a pending yellow-card suspension which is immediately activated upon receiving a third yellow card then that is not wiped. Hence why they were saying that there were other players already on two yellows who could get banned.

• Like 1

Now for something a little more fun from ChatGPT:

(Verse 1)  
He’s the guardian in the net, Emi Martinez,  
With a heart of gold and a grip that never rests.  
From Villa Park to the vast Qatar scene,  
Saving goals and living the dream.  

(Chorus)  
Oh, Emi, you're the hero in the frame,  
Balls of steel, winning is your game.  
From penalty saves to the trophy held high,  
You're the keeper with wings, born to fly.  

(Verse 2)  
Argentina’s pride, in the World Cup he soared,  
Against France, his skills fiercely roared.  
Penalties came, and he stood like a wall,  
One by one, he saved them all.  

(Bridge)  
Flashback to the moments under lights so bright,  
Dancing on the line, his spirit ignites.  
Mind games master, he stares them down,  
In the game of nerves, he wears the crown.  

(Chorus)  
Oh, Emi, you're the hero in the frame,  
Balls of steel, winning is your game.  
From penalty saves to the trophy held high,  
You're the keeper with wings, born to fly.  

(Outro)  
Martinez, oh keeper of dreams,  
In the net, where the future gleams.  
With every dive and every block,  
Emi, you rock, solid as a rock.

Who heard the female Co-commentator say he had “balls of steel” by the way?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Confusion over all these yellow cards that EMI has accrued.....either way the club will surely contest that second yellow last night by the card happy ref....?

Whilst we have Emi Martinez, he will be so vital to our European adventure.

Other teams will need to beat us, a draw i no good as we are now massive favourites in any penalty shootout we go into.

Interesting reading other forums and their views of him. 

In the main, they think he's a dick but also a few who say they like him and he's a character. 

What he is, once you strip back all the theatrics, is a winner. He does all the shit housing but he more than backs it up with his actions. 

Last night, he got in the Lille players heads. Same he did in the Copa v Colombia and the WC Final v France. Did the same to ratboy at Old Trafford. 

He's just a different level and all them opposition fans who despise him would have him in their goal, at their club in a heartbeat. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Like 3

Â