Emiliano Martínez

hippo

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Love him to bits. Best keeper in the world but I do wish he'd just reign it in a tinsy bit. Not stop the shithousing, just take the kicks a fraction earlier. Not clearing in the woods about QUITE so much when he's on a card (I'm certain he wasn't aware of the yellow card rule) 

It's not to stop it but just to turn it down to 10. 

I'm sure Watkins didn't need all the continuing shenanigans whilst waiting for his penalty. 

But he's so so good at the shithousing, it is hilarious. I've already had blues fans banging on about his cheating. 

I thought the yellow was a tad harsh as the crowd got him that card

Lille keeper had the ball longer at one stage in 2nd half

Just now, Zatman said:

Card was a joke. Referee was lost out there. He held the ball for long periods but it was at his feet !

• Like 1

Just now, Jenko#4 said:

Is he now suspended for the semi first leg? He technically got two yellows so should it be a one match ban? 

Nah they all get wiped. I never knew that rule though. I guess you can’t make subs during penalties so it makes sense.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

The ball was in play for ages then he picked it up and got carded, the fans played the ref and Martinez played the fans, Martinez won 🏆 

Just now, Zatman said:

Yeah. Like it or lump it his reputation DOES precede him. Which is why dialing it down just 1 notch would help.

We don't need him getting a ban or a red. 

It's just that fraction earlier to kick the ball instead of inviting the card, especially when you are a marked man. 

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

Is there any other keeper in the world you want in a pen shoot out 

Honestly no. It's not just his technical ability at saving penalties but the fact that he consistently psyches his opponents out. His reputation is such now that he probably doesn't even have to lift a finger to get inside the heads of penalty takers now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

Nope  . Worlds best. Thats now 4 shootouts in a row he has dominated and won .  

6 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Cole Palmer is living in fear he gets a penalty against us

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's a different thing, I'm not saying emi is out best ever player but he is the only villa player that can say he is genuinely the best player in the world at his position while wearing a Villa shirt 

And obviously world cup winner while playing for us 

Mcgrath can't say that, as good as he was he wasn't the best CB in world football

Well that is a debatable point in itself - I think Paul McGrath is as good a defender that has ever been  - imo 

9 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

Is he now suspended for the semi first leg? He technically got two yellows so should it be a one match ban? 

Nope. It resets. We are golden.

He takes control of these situations! Becoming a legend for Villa.

He’s lucky Watkins was ice cold though, I’m sure he didn’t appreciate having to wait that long to take his pen, although that was more the crowd than Emi…

Â