Emiliano Martínez

hippo

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's a different thing, I'm not saying emi is out best ever player but he is the only villa player that can say he is genuinely the best player in the world at his position while wearing a Villa shirt 

And obviously world cup winner while playing for us 

Mcgrath can't say that, as good as he was he wasn't the best CB in world football

This is a good point and based on what you said, you’re right. He’s the best player to have ever played for us. He’s the best in his position and would get into every team in the world, club or country. No one else in Villa history can say that.

• Like 4

oh good lord we would loathe this guy if he wasn't playing for us. but he is playing for us. and i freaking love him.

The funny thing is I genuinely think he was just asking for a ball :D

He did about a dozen other things that he could have been booked for.

• Like 1

So much more fun to cheer for a guy that everyone hates. Emi versus the French is peak entertainment. Hope we get multiple away days in France for the CL next year. Each match will be the most watched game worldwide that day. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah. Like it or lump it his reputation DOES precede him. Which is why dialing it down just 1 notch would help.

We don't need him getting a ban or a red. 

It's just that fraction earlier to kick the ball instead of inviting the card, especially when you are a marked man. 

Thing is, you just can't. You either take him as he is or you don't. Turn it down to 10 and you might lose one of those penalty saves.

Looks like he might be suspended now, but that doesn't all happen and do we lose the tie? Can't hold it against him. He is what he is, and he does what he does - win.

• Like 4

I loved the way he tried his shithousery after our first penalty and then quickly dropped the ball when remembered he on a yellow. 

I don’t think anybody in the ground seemed to know the yellow card rule including Emi. I know I didn’t.

• Like 1

The stupid thing is both yellow cards tonight were total BS. Honestly that referee should be removed from Conference League fixtures because it didn't even seem like he understood the rules.

• Like 4

Just now, Mantis said:

The stupid thing is both yellow cards tonight were total BS. Honestly that referee should be removed from Conference League fixtures because it didn't even seem like he understood the rules.

15 bookings tonight if you include the managers. Wasn’t even a dirty game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Ref had a complete mare today, no control, no clue, not fit for purpose. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

As long as he can play in the second leg in case it goes to pens again.

Noooooo. He'll be banned for The Final then!!!!! 

• Haha 3

Â