Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Let one under his body last week, and was saved embarrassment by an offside VAR decision today.

Not the best of starts to the season for him, but I trust he'll jump back. He has the right attitude, after he let 2 Lingard shots through him last season, heard he stayed back for extra training to rectify it.

Everyone makes mistakes, its how they let them affect them that builds personalities 

• Like 1

I do really hope someone is having a word with him. Don’t want to overreact or be dramatic but genuinely the likes of Hart and Pickford have been totally undone by being this highly strung. Sure he’s still riding the Argentine wave but he needs a slap and be brought back down to Earth.

For the record, my fav villa player (yes I’m an absolute child for having a fav player) so I just want to see him maintain his awesome and manage his own emotions appropriately. I’m sure he will sort himself out and it is not being ignored by staff. 

• Like 4

Opposition are definitely putting players on him at set pieces to stop him grabbing them 10ft out of thin air.  I thought he was fouled a couple of times but the refs seem to be encouraged not to give anything this season.  Might be an interesting season for keepers all round.

It's probably just a blip but I'm slightly anxious for him to get back to his dependable best. Saw an Arsenal fan on Reddit a while back saying he'd always looked decent, but has really come into his own while at Villa with no fans, and wondered if he benefited a lot from not having loads of fans around. Perhaps they get him even more fired up, to an unhelpful degree. Hopefully he'll get used to it soon or get over this blip if it's just that!

I felt Emi was somewhat pumped today due to the occasion. Didn’t have much to do but he had a bit of a rush to the head when 1 on 1 with Wilson. He will settle for sure and continue to be a great keeper for us..

Â