Emiliano Martínez

hippo

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

What. A. Guy. Actually had a tear in my eye watching this 

Never dropped a football in his life, decides to pick up a child and nearly drops him onto a concrete floor lol.

Great gesture though, he's such a brilliant guy to have at the club.

This man is going to feel the type of love from a fan base he’s never experienced before, and it’ll drive him on even further.

Still my choice for the armband, could be captain for 10 years. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I think that is an indirect dig at Jack too. He seems like a person who would sacrifice today for tomorrow. A proper leader. Him and McGinn always put Villa over in the media, I think that says a lot about their characters. I wish them all the success this season, lets achieve something together.

I hadn’t thought of that angle, it’s a good one. Jack left at the first knock on the door from a CL club, Emi has been there and done that to varying degrees at Ars and found out the hard way that being at a CL club can be fun, but if you’re on the bench for 5 years… it’s going to get old fast. Love Emi! I hope he stays forever, and saves the penalty in the CL final when we get there :) 

Just now, Awol said:

This man is going to feel the type of love from a fan base he’s never experienced before, and it’ll drive him on even further.

Still my choice for the armband, could be captain for 10 years. 

Yes, said similar earlier, he is currently the only player (harsh maybe), that If all goes well for the club, that I cannot see us having to consider upgrading for a very long time, that makes him captain on its own, add his obvious leadership and dedication.

It's sort of becoming a no brainer.

• Like 3

Just saw his comments. WOW!

As if you couldn't love him any more!!!!

Much needed at this time Emi, where some Villa fans had been feeling disillusioned, and disconnected due to Hairband jumping ship.

UTV!!!

I have said in the past to people, that I just view him as a different character, and he keeps proving me right!

• Like 1

The other thing about him becoming captain in addition to everything that's being said is his killer instinct, as shown in that penalty shootout for the Argies.

Everything about him will filter into the whole squad.

Also, seems like a genuinely good man, a family man, a loyal man, however, when he speaks you listen and I'd imagine when he shouts you definitely ******* listen.

A born leader.

Â