Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Bigger legend than Fraudlish after recent quotes.

Gets the club more than Fraudlish ever did.

Can I just state on record that I agree with everything you said there, especially about Fraudlish 👏

• Like 1

Imagine being as good as Emi is and having to need a sports psychologist to help him through the dark times he was feeling because nobody else was believing in him. So glad that Dean and the coaching staff saw Emi's qualities and gave him the chance he deserves. Hopefully, Emil will be here until he decides to hang up his boots. 

• Like 1

Wants to stay cus he loves the club and is grateful for the opportunities we gave him, wants to help the club achieve its goals, is a world class keeper.....what a man!

Exactly the opposite to Mike Clubb.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Damn so he basically said "I know I'm world class, but don't worry I want to stay and help get this club into Europe".

James Brown GIF - James Brown Crying - Discover & Share GIFs

Emi has more soul than that other guy!

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Bigger legend than Fraudlish after recent quotes.

Gets the club more than Fraudlish ever did.

'Fraudlish'

Cringe. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The Holte End needs to chant EMI, EMI, EMI until he arrives in the area like we used to do with Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy……

I genuinely hope his name is sung at every single game. He seems the sort of guy that would thrive from the love……and he bloody deserves it. 

Ability = World class

Attitude = World class

This is a very bold statement, but I honestly can’t think of a better signing in the last 30yrs. Looking through the Captain thread I think the general feeling is that Mings should get the gig, I honestly think he is a really strong contender and wouldn’t be upset if he got it, he’s a leader. But there is something inside me that thinks EMI should get it. 

Let’s be honest, the only reason Jack got the gig was to try and keep him, I’d do the same with EMI. I know he’s said he isn’t interested in leaving, and I believe him, but let’s be honest, there are going to be some huge clubs trying to get him soon and I honestly believe that he’s the sort of loyal guy that if offered the captaincy it would cement his career here.

World class talent, and world class attitude isn’t easily acquired, we need to do everything we can to keep him .

Edited by av1

Big Emi would make an excellent captain. Tyrone would too and I think out there on the pitch he has obvious leadership skills. Danny Ings too and if we were to get JWP he is another who is a natural captain. In other words we have captains all over the pitch and so unless one of the aforementioned is really keen on the job it wouldn’t really matter who is the official captain as there are plenty of players who the team can look to and rally around. I know goalkeepers aren’t generally captains, largely because of their position often being a bit isolated.Hopefully that’s the case next season anyway. However as I say we have a lot of captains but my personal choice would be Emi, mainly because I already feel he’s Mr Aston Villa. A genuine Mr Aston Villa this time. 

3 minutes ago, claretman said:

Don't cry for me Argentina, 

The truth is we've got your keeper,

Emi Martinez, he's number one,

Mikel Arteta, You're really dumb!

Who's with me - Holte End 21/08/2021!

Not enough swearing for it to take off. You might have to replace "You're really dumb" with "You're **** dumb" 

• Haha 1

Â