Emiliano Martínez

hippo

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That only gets you one hand 🤣

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Wouldn’t sell him for £100m.  

World record goalkeeper fee to Real Madrid / Man City or they can get lost.  No-one else can afford him.

Yeah agree, priceless. 

I like a MF to be captain, a talker if possible, can communicate with everyone easily based on being central.

That said the captain should be the last person in the squad you would sell, as long as they have the leadership qualities required.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love Emi but doesn’t anybody else listen to stuff like this and think after a certain someone, they’ll only be taking footballers words with a massive pinch of salt from now on?

There's a difference between a greedish scallywag and a dedicated father and family man, I'd say you can put Emi's words in the bank.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love Emi but doesn’t anybody else listen to stuff like this and think after a certain someone, they’ll only be taking footballers words with a massive pinch of salt from now on?

I dunno I feel like Emi has a lot more class and is more interested in his football than being a "brand" than exploding shins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Read the quote I wrote up on the previous page. He spoke to Lange after the Copa America when the Club came to him, worried that a Champions League team might come in for him, and he basically said - "don't worry, I want to stay here".

He wouldn't say that in an interview if that wasn't true. There's no advantage for him to do so.

I think he's just that authentic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

There was talk of whether Jack had reached legend status, errr, nope, could have but blew it.

Keepers that stay fit and dedicated can have long careers. 

Emi has the potential to become a Villa legend without a doubt, long way to go but everything about this guy just feels right.

My belief is he'll win us a cup final penalty shoot out in next 5 years (dream would be v Man. City of course). That gets him status right up there with Spink and Bosnich.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

I'd make him captain over Mings, he won't miss as many games for a start. 

I'm getting there too with this. I'd also make Emi our ambassador to South America. 

Edited by Phil Silvers

Â