Matty Cash

paul514

He let the team and the manager down tonight. The worst things is that there are three infuriating things that happened in the soave of 5 seconds.

The most recent and most obvious is obviously the challange. I don't even need to comment. 

Before that was that got him to commit. That's us not being able to even grasp the basics and in the past few months we have seen a lot of that and it's worrying. But even before that, before I knew what was about to happen, I was already shouting at him for his movement.  

IMG_20210422_000211_compress8.jpg

We are attacking against 10 men, he has acres of space ahead and instead of pushing forward for the byline, trying to open their defense up and whip a cross in he just stands there.

How he managed to get so much, so wrong, in such a short time is baffling, he ought to take a very harsh look at himself. Also misses next game which is a must win.

I'm furious with him, potentially cost us the match

Edited by WooJung
  • Like 4

Hmm....

"He's young and he'll learn" - that is the first red card of his career. Exactly what is it he is learning?

This won't be the first time he's come up against a player that is better than him.

11 hours ago, WooJung said:

He let the team and the manager down tonight. The worst things is that there are three infuriating things that happened in the soave of 5 seconds.

The most recent and most obvious is obviously the challange. I don't even need to comment. 

Before that was that got him to commit. That's us not being able to even grasp the basics and in the past few months we have seen a lot of that and it's worrying. But even before that, before I knew what was about to happen, I was already shouting at him for his movement.  

IMG_20210422_000211_compress8.jpg

We are attacking against 10 men, he has acres of space ahead and instead of pushing forward for the byline, trying to open their defense up and whip a cross in he just stands there.

How he managed to get so much, so wrong, in such a short time is baffling, he ought to take a very harsh look at himself. Also misses next game which is a must win.

I'm furious with him, potentially cost us the match

I think we had a very good chance of getting a point, the way the first half had started. Real shame.

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Hmm....

"He's young and he'll learn" - that is the first red card of his career. Exactly what is it he is learning?

This won't be the first time he's come up against a player that is better than him.

He will learn not to do it again, he has only played right back for 1 and a bit seasons. People make mistakes, if he does it again then we have an issue

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't how this is a learning moment, or because he's new to right back.

Basic shit, you've just been booked, don't dive in.

Rocks for brains.

Some people learn through doing and sometimes, in the heat of the moment, people make bad decisions. 

Have you never made a mistake in your life or something?

13 hours ago, WooJung said:

He's doing the right thing in that pic. Traore is heading out wide, the player on the ball could run on himself, so Cash being where he is is effectively able to cover if he does. Equally he could pass to Cash, who is in space and would have time for a touch and cross, or return ball,  or pass to Traore. But yeah, total brain idiot for the daft tackle.  

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

The Harry Kane theatrics and a ball hitting his hand from a yard away 

Give it a break

That being said he is a bit rash.

It was a moment of madness the other night - he was no doubt frustrated with our performance in general, takes a terrible touch and gets skinned by Foden who is giving him a torrid night already, decides to fly in.

I do have some doubts about him - rashness and the fact he struggles with the ball in tight spaces, however at the moment I'd much rather have him in the team than not.

• Like 1

I have enjoyed watching Cash.  He has been an integral part of one of the best defences in the PL - and that's even though they have had a lot of work to get through, particularly since the turn of the year!

He is young and relatively inexperienced in both the position and the PL - I am expecting him to kick on again next year after a full pre-season.

• Like 1

I have really enjoyed liked having Matty in the team this year too although, as with the rest of the team, I do feel he's lost a bit of that dynamism since the Covid outbreak. It's a shame that the season appears to be fizzling out, but I think it is important to remember this is our highest premier league points total for about 10 years - Cash has contributed to that magnificently along with the rest of the back 4 for much of the season. Expect to see him kick on next year in the same way that Targett and Konsa have done.

2 hours ago, wict01 said:

I have really enjoyed liked having Matty in the team this year too although, as with the rest of the team, I do feel he's lost a bit of that dynamism since the Covid outbreak. It's a shame that the season appears to be fizzling out, but I think it is important to remember this is our highest premier league points total for about 10 years - Cash has contributed to that magnificently along with the rest of the back 4 for much of the season. Expect to see him kick on next year in the same way that Targett and Konsa have done.

still the joint 3rd best defence in the league, though as i stopped recognising the shitty 6 we have the best defence in the league 😛 

• Like 1

Lesson learnt I’m sure. Impressive and quite staggering if this is the first red card of his career as he is fully committed at all times. It was completely stupid of him and he lost his head at clearly been frustrated at losing the ball to Foden. It happens.

Generally our discipline on yellow cards across the team seems to be excellent and Smith will have torn him a new one after the game for sure as it ended any slim chance we had of getting something out of the game. 

Cash has been a revelation for us this season and we’re significantly better with him. I’m confident he’ll learn from this. Our biggest issue is that we have no suitable cover for him which magnifies the anger at losing him. 

Â