Matty Cash

paul514

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Awesome signing. One thing I like about Cash is he clearly looks after himself. He's a real athlete and reminds me a lot of Luke Young with how defensively sound he is. 

Only going to get better - could easily be our right back for the next 5 years. In fact, I wouldn't break up that defense for the next couple of years at least. 

We have a solid defensive line indeed. Very happy about this.

• Like 1

I like Cash a lot but we seem to cut him more slack than other players. To my memory he has conceded 4 penalties in the Prem this season due to individual errors.

That being said he has shown a lot of promise and been part of a very strong back line. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

I like Cash a lot but we seem to cut him more slack than other players. To my memory he has conceded 4 penalties in the Prem this season due to individual errors.

That being said he has shown a lot of promise and been part of a very strong back line. 

A ball bounced into his arm for one. Kane cheated for another. I can't remember the other two, but in both of those I definitely cut him some slack. He didn't need to get so close to Kane in fairness, but it happens. 

I'm not feeling weighing up a couple of moments with a general clear impression that he is a quality right back and one of our best signings in a while (along with Martinez and maybe moreso than Watkins). 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

The handballs against Southampton, one that was given and one that wasn’t.  He is still a bit raw and learning so will have the odd individual error. But have to remember he’s only 23. He should only get better. 

1 hour ago, PaddytheVillan said:

I love him but I agree with this, he’s a bit of a liability in the box. Think he will sort it out with experience. His all round game is excellent though I would love to see him on the score sheet before the season is out.

3 hours ago, PaddytheVillan said:

I can't seem to remember all 4. Can you list them? The Kane one and the handball against City are the only two I can remember.

12 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I can't seem to remember all 4. Can you list them? The Kane one and the handball against City are the only two I can remember.

I think other than the two you mention he hasn't conceded any other penalties, but there were one or two other incidents that were reviewed.

That away at Southampton possible handball was one.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I think other than the two you mention he hasn't conceded any other penalties, but there were one or two other incidents that were reviewed.

That away at Southampton possible handball was one.

Yeah I remember that one. Sort of been evened out by the Kane side step engineered contact dodgy pen imo.

42 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Hes been fantastic for us...

We certainly werent playing as well when he was out of the side...

First season in the Premier League and he has taken like a duck to water...

Next step... England squad!

I really like him but i dont see him making an England squad, such competition at right back. If Trent and AWB cant make it into the squad, it would take some going for Cash.

Thought he was pretty good today.

In one of the real dead rubbers (all of them?) we've got coming up, I'd really like to see Kesler come in and Cashy have any charge round midfield. He's definitely good enough and played centre mid a lot for Forest.

We need to try something because everyone in there looks garbage right now.

If anyone hasn't seen, Kesler is now at the stage in U23s when he's almost not playing like a RB properly because he's finding it so easy. Could have had a hat-trick in a 4-0 win the other day. He's one who really does need six months of first team football somewhere next season.

• Like 2

On 08/04/2021 at 00:42, Tomaszk said:

He's far exceeded my expectations.

Likely under instruction, his defending has been first priority this season and he's played much more reservedly than I was expecting. 

Has brought a physicality that Guilbert, who I like, lacked and can hopefully set an example for him when he comes back.

If honest I like Guilbert and I didnt think we needed to replace him but he has been consistent and is a real modern full back. He has an underrated long shot from distance that he could probably start taking out free kicks from just outside the box 😂

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Thought he was pretty good today.

In one of the real dead rubbers (all of them?) we've got coming up, I'd really like to see Kesler come in and Cashy have any charge round midfield. He's definitely good enough and played centre mid a lot for Forest.

He played centre mid for Forest? Or right mid?

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He played centre mid for Forest? Or right mid?

Played all over the place for them. His best position is RB for now though.

Scored in the 5-5 at Villa Park from centre mid.

He'll bring us a buzz our midfield are lacking I think. Just something worth trying to try and shake us out this rut. No one is playing well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Played all over the place for them. His best position is RB for now though.

Scored in the 5-5 at Villa Park from centre mid.

He'll bring us a buzz our midfield are lacking I think. Just something worth trying to try and shake us out this rut. No one is playing well.

Yes might be worth a try. Would win a few tackles and give us some drive but it would weaken the defence. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â