Matty Cash

paul514

Career ending injury?

He's just pulled his hamstring, he'll be fine although it's a shame his season is likely over.

The way he plays with his explosive runs and late sliding tackles means he's always going to be susceptible to a hamstring injury. Watching him play makes my hamstrings feel sore to be honest.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Career ending injury?

He's just pulled his hamstring, he'll be fine although it's a shame his season is likely over.

The way he plays with his explosive runs and late sliding tackles means he's always going to be susceptible to a hamstring injury. Watching him play makes my hamstrings feel sore to be honest.

Disrupter not ending. Meaning keeps getting these niggles. He's recently come back from injury.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Think we should get Fred back as he’ll get plenty of game time. Cash is brilliant but I suspect this hamstring issue  is going to be an ongoing problem. Was it same leg as last time?

Fred is good, could be great backup to cash.

Guilbert is speed as well but him and cash both can be wrecklace at times with there slide tackling.

On 14/05/2021 at 08:17, Dave-R said:

Fred is good, could be great backup to cash.

Guilbert is speed as well but him and cash both can be wrecklace at times with there slide tackling.

Guilbert has been sent off 3 times in 196 games. 1 red card every 60 odd appearances isn't reckless. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Guilbert has been sent off 3 times in 196 games. 1 red card every 60 odd appearances isn't reckless. 

For a right back, the average is very approximately about 1 red card every 9000 minutes. Guilbert's numbers is so far 1 red card every 6000 minutes certainly above the average at least.

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I think the more this season has gone on, a few flaws in his game have become apparent. Still our best option at RB though and will hopefully improve.

Agreed, has shown himself to be more Matty Rash in a fair few games but I think that just comes with his tenacity and style. Still we’ll be well stocked next season, as we always seem to be at RB. Expect Guilbert and Kesler both to be back up and pushing Cash all the way. By all accounts that loan spell has done Fred the world of good, he already said he wants to come back and play for us when the loan ends, and Kesler is a real standout in that u23 side. Nice to have a position sorted needing no surgery for once.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Agreed, has shown himself to be more Matty Rash in a fair few games but I think that just comes with his tenacity and style. Still we’ll be well stocked next season, as we always seem to be at RB. Expect Guilbert and Kesler both to be back up and pushing Cash all the way. By all accounts that loan spell has done Fred the world of good, he already said he wants to come back and play for us when the loan ends, and Kesler is a real standout in that u23 side. Nice to have a position sorted needing no surgery for once.

Yep, I just said this on another forum that RB certainly won't be a problem for us next season. I hadn't realised Guilbert has come out and said he wants to come back though 👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been a great signing, expecting even more from him next season. Love his determination and workrate.

If Buendia plays RW for us, that will help  relieve some of the defensive load or pressure for him. He’s got a lot to offer going forwards too…

Indeed it was Matty…

• Like 4

Defensively…👏 

5CBF7751-515E-4041-8195-03EF57BF1694.jpeg

Was outnumbered too often last season but performed well under so much pressure.

Hopefully he’ll be freed up to make a bit more of an attacking contribution next season. Has a great delivery/cross.

Edited by Jas10

Â