Matty Cash

paul514

On 22/04/2021 at 13:33, blandy said:

He's doing the right thing in that pic. Traore is heading out wide, the player on the ball could run on himself, so Cash being where he is is effectively able to cover if he does. Equally he could pass to Cash, who is in space and would have time for a touch and cross, or return ball,  or pass to Traore. But yeah, total brain idiot for the daft tackle.  

I dunno. I would have hugged the chalk there. I see no reason for him to come that far in on the pitch. But that's a trend in football and have been for the last 30 years. Wingers or fullbacks generally don't see the huge benefit of staying as wide as possible.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Cash is a very very daft player. He has constant terrible decisions like with the free kick he gave away against Southampton where he caught the ball that was going to Walcott. He ran out of position, misjudged the ball caught it (should have been a red) giving the best free kick taker in the world a well positioned free kick. I'd much rather give Walcott a 1 on 1 with martinez. 

• Like 1

On 22/04/2021 at 10:47, Zatman said:

He will learn not to do it again, he has only played right back for 1 and a bit seasons. People make mistakes, if he does it again then we have an issue

But he did twice in one match. So in a sense he has already done it again.

Good player - but I think his decision making goes haywire when under pressure.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I dunno. I would have hugged the chalk there. I see no reason for him to come that far in on the pitch. But that's a trend in football and have been for the last 30 years. Wingers or fullbacks generally don't see the huge benefit of staying as wide as possible.

But he's a professional footballer and you're not tbf. 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2021 at 23:10, commander said:

He's a liability, no better than Guilbert.

Give ya head a wobble - on the whole he’s been a great signing.

Was a silly red and inexcusable, I didn’t dislike Guilbert but Cash has had a fine first season in the prem

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Was more your initial point I found confusing.

To clarify it, basically you were saying that you wouldn't have done what Cash did in a certain situation - others were saying it was the right move - so it was up for debate. The point I was making is that as a professional, Cash probably knows better than you so maybe it would make more sense to give him the benefit of the doubt and entertain the possibility that you were perhaps wrong.

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

To clarify it, basically you were saying that you wouldn't have done what Cash did in a certain situation - others were saying it was the right move - so it was up for debate. The point I was making is that as a professional, Cash probably knows better than you so maybe it would make more sense to give him the benefit of the doubt and entertain the possibility that you were perhaps wrong.

So many words and still no point to it.

As for entertaining the idea I'm wrong, well that's a slightly bizarre dig. But it goes in style with the rest of your post.

We all know people have different opinions. That's why we are here.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Finds himself on the floor too much for my liking. 

I much prefer fullbacks like Shaw who stay on their feet. Great positional sense and always in control. 

Let’s think of a full back that’s having a great season and say I prefer him 🥱 

Hes 23, in his 1st year of the top league, and has been sent off against a player who will probably go down as one of Englands finest players. If hes still doing rash challenges this time next year, then it might be a problem, but not yet.

The back 5 is fine

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Hes 23, in his 1st year of the top league, and has been sent off against a player who will probably go down as one of Englands finest players. If hes still doing rash challenges this time next year, then it might be a problem, but not yet.

The back 5 is fine

God no we have to blame somebody when we lose all the time. Surprised somebody hasnt blamed Mings for Cash red card 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s think of a full back that’s having a great season and say I prefer him 🥱 

He also doesn’t think much of Haaland, go figure that one out!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

God no we have to blame somebody when we lose all the time. Surprised somebody hasnt blamed Mings for Cash red card 😂

No, remember it’s Smith’s fault that Cash got a red card! 😂

Edited by nick76

He’s had a very good season but he’s very hot headed.  He will do something very strange very frequently.

He’s already an asset, but he will be much better when he irons this shit out.

Â