Matty Cash

paul514

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

You're miles away from what I was trying to say. 

Kane simply pulled a stroke on Cash and it worked, by the letter of the law its a pen, but I'd like to see more common sense and as you say something safe and fair.

Jack is an expert but I can't remember a blatant sly move like that one yesterday, but he's ours so it probably doesn't register.

I was actually just having a laugh. I'm really going to have to up my emoji game to avoid being misinterpreted. That or make better jokes.:D

But on your second paragraph, Kane does do him to be fair but it was also never in doubt due to his status. They didn't even check it. Just like he got away with the elbow the week before. If that is another player, last weeks is a red card and the penalty yesterday at least gets checked. Actually the penalty doesn't get checked because he would have been suspended for the game yesterday.

Jack doesn't enjoy the perks that Kane does. If Jack has a good Euros, just watch him get more and more decisions that go his way next season.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I was actually just having a laugh. I'm really going to have to up my emoji game to avoid being misinterpreted. That or make better jokes.:D

But on your second paragraph, Kane does do him to be fair but it was also never in doubt due to his status. They didn't even check it. Just like he got away with the elbow the week before. If that is another player, last weeks is a red card and the penalty yesterday at least gets checked. Actually the penalty doesn't get checked because he would have been suspended for the game yesterday.

Jack doesn't enjoy the perks that Kane does. If Jack has a good Euros, just watch him get more and more decisions that go his way next season.

I'm the worst at interpretation lately, these new tablets have sent me more loopy then usual.

Re the highlighted bit, its this or just sky big6 perks, scam bent buggers whatever you want to call it, making sure the big6 companies get into the money always.

Games gone.

Ps.

Sorry mods, I know this is the MC thread.

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'm the worst at interpretation lately, these new tablets have sent me more loopy then usual.

Re the highlighted bit, its this or just sky big6 perks, scam bent buggers whatever you want to call it, making sure the big6 companies get into the money always.

Games gone.

Ps.

Sorry mods, I know this is the MC thread.

That's another layer of perks which come on top of being a top player in the England setup IMO.

What pissed me off the most about it was how sure the ref was it was a penalty. He didn’t even consider the situation for a second or ask for a second opinion. Just straight point to the spot as if it was the most stone wall penalty you ever see. 

Then 10 minutes later Hoijberg gets disposed by Target who is running in to the area so just falls in front of him to take him down. Not a yellow card ! 

I can’t stand the guy. He’s the worst referee around. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What pissed me off the most about it was how sure the ref was it was a penalty. He didn’t even consider the situation for a second or ask for a second opinion. Just straight point to the spot as if it was the most stone wall penalty you ever see. 

Then 10 minutes later Hoijberg gets disposed by Target who is running in to the area so just falls in front of him to take him down. Not a yellow card ! 

at least he restrained himself last night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Morally, I find it difficult to accept that as a penalty, Kane gave up following the ball and ploughed in to Cash.

Cash was just anticipating a block.....I would have done the same as cash.

I thought it was blatant gamesmanship by Kane....aided and abetted by poor referring.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

Morally, I find it difficult to accept that as a penalty, Kane gave up following the ball and ploughed in to Cash.

Cash was just anticipating a block.....I would have done the same as cash.

I thought it was blatant gamesmanship by Kane....aided and abetted by poor referring.

i hate the way penalty's and fouls etc are going.

In terms of penalties, it has got to the point where all they are looking for is "has someone touched a player" for it to be a penalty, rather than "has the player actually & genuinely been fouled".

Watching players quite literally fall over or throw themselves to the ground, just because someone literally touched them with a finger and it being given as a penalty is disgusting, but it shows the state of the game.

When did we move away from a foul actually needing to be a foul?, rather than any physical contact at all and the player just falling over like some writhing wet spaghetti?

Games in a right state when you add all the VAR nonsense in to the mix, worst thing is...i dont think most people running the game care.....at all! (as long as the cha-ching keeps rolling in).

Diving is completely out of control now, although tbh it always was in foreign leagues, but now its normalised in the PL, and i can only see it getting worse.

For example, watching Mane (and many other players) is like watching a 1 year old learning to walk cus they are falling over every 5 seconds......

Edited by MaVilla

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i hate the way penalty's and fouls etc are going.

In terms of penalties, it has got to the point where all they are looking for is "has someone touched a player" for it to be a penalty, rather than "has the player actually & genuinely been fouled".

Watching players quite literally fall over or throw themselves to the ground, just because someone literally touched them with a finger and it being given as a penalty is disgusting, but it shows the state of the game.

When did we move away from a foul actually needing to be a foul?, rather than any physical contact at all and the player just falling over like some writhing wet spaghetti?

Games in a right state when you add all the VAR nonsense in to the mix, worst thing is...i dont think most people running the game care.....at all! (as long as the cha-ching keeps rolling in).

Diving is completely out of control now, although tbh it always was in foreign leagues, but now its normalised in the PL, and i can only see it getting worse.

For example, watching Mane (and many other players) is like watching a 1 year old learning to walk cus they are falling over every 5 seconds......

and they have the temerity, to pick Jack up for it....such double standards.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

A 59% tackle success rate actually doesn't sound that high tbh. Cash attempts and wins a lot of tackles but I don't think his tackle success rate is that impressive.

Looking at whoscored.com it looks like he has a 71% success rate, which is about what everyone else in the top 10 for total tackles seem to have.

Love the kid ... really good buy and has stepped up a level without missing a beat.

Great to see us getting our top players tied down on long term contracts.  Targett, who has been a revelation this season, and Emi next please!

• Like 1

He's far exceeded my expectations.

Likely under instruction, his defending has been first priority this season and he's played much more reservedly than I was expecting. 

Has brought a physicality that Guilbert, who I like, lacked and can hopefully set an example for him when he comes back.

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

A 59% tackle success rate actually doesn't sound that high tbh. Cash attempts and wins a lot of tackles but I don't think his tackle success rate is that impressive.

theres an italian cliche somewhere about the interception rate being the one that matters not the tackling

• Like 1

Awesome signing. One thing I like about Cash is he clearly looks after himself. He's a real athlete and reminds me a lot of Luke Young with how defensively sound he is. 

Only going to get better - could easily be our right back for the next 5 years. In fact, I wouldn't break up that defense for the next couple of years at least. 

Another big bonus of his front foot style has been Targett's improvement in that area too by following his example.

Targett was interviewed earlier in the season and says it's something he's tried to replicate....and he looks a lot better for it!

Â