Matty Cash

paul514

What a signing. To think a fair few of us (myself included) were questioning if he was a priority last summer when we had Elmo and Guilbert. If he continues to improve he could be a top TOP right back.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

What a signing. To think a fair few of us (myself included) were questioning if he was a priority last summer when we had Elmo and Guilbert. If he continues to improve he could be a top TOP right back.

Yeah. Hope we see more assists & a couple of goals this season. He is one of the best 1v1 defenders. I have been studying the tape, he generally handles the likes of Foden, Pogba, ASM etc very well. Really surprising to know MC has only been a right back for a short while. 

• Like 1

Just now, TreeVillan said:

Every now and then I catch a glimpse of Matty and I really begin to question my sexualiy. 

That coupled with your avatar and well, you know yourself.

• Haha 1

If anyone has the ability to turn me it's Matty Cash (or Lansbury). A very pretty man.

Ahem Now I'm off to bench press all 20stones of the wench then I'm going to America to race a NASCAR after that in the mountains I'm going to eat a wolf raw after I fight a grizzly bear to the death.

joey logano nascar GIF by FOX Sports: Watch. Enjoy. Repeat.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

Yeah. Hope we see more assists & a couple of goals this season. He is one of the best 1v1 defenders. I have been studying the tape, he generally handles the likes of Foden, Pogba, ASM etc very well. Really surprising to know MC has only been a right back for a short while. 

Just needs to cut out the number of stupid freekicks/pens he gives away and add a bit more going forward and he’ll be the perfect right back. Amazing how many good RBs there are around right now that he’s only 7th or 8th in the England pecking order because he has so much potential

Cashy is a real modern day WB going forward a very good passer/crosser and quick ,strong with good spacial awareness , he’s also an old fashioned RB without the ball with tough tackling and willing to get close to attackers and not get turned , he’s not been in this position or at this level for long but has already proven hel be a massive player for us for hopefully years to come ,a sensational signing !  he is the real deal !

he will also give away the odd free kick being in so many 1 v 1s it comes with the territory 

Edited by Chine
Edit
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Just needs to cut out the number of stupid freekicks/pens he gives away and add a bit more going forward and he’ll be the perfect right back. Amazing how many good RBs there are around right now that he’s only 7th or 8th in the England pecking order because he has so much potential

All part of his development. I am hoping he is a bit more street wise this season, especially when coming against players like Kane (who know how to exploit the system). 

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 1

On 20/07/2021 at 16:06, Adam2003 said:

Yep, is mad isn’t it. Especially when you think Targett is probably only behind Shaw + Chilwell (you can make an argument for Cresswell being third choice LB for England - but he played most of last season as LCB in a back 3 and I think Targett edges it anyway).

But Cash is behind:
Walker   
Trippier   
Reece James   
Alexander-Arnold   
Wan-Bissaka

And, as you said, is competing with Lamptey / Max Aarons / James Justin for 6th/7th place. Most of that list is younger than him too.

It’s really unlucky as I don’t think there is much between Targett and Cash at all.

On 20/07/2021 at 16:01, Sulberto21 said:

If anyone has the ability to turn me it's Matty Cash (or Lansbury). A very pretty man.

Ahem Now I'm off to bench press all 20stones of the wench then I'm going to America to race a NASCAR after that in the mountains I'm going to eat a wolf raw after I fight a grizzly bear to the death.

joey logano nascar GIF by FOX Sports: Watch. Enjoy. Repeat.

A man clearly in denial. 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cizzler said:

Yep, is mad isn’t it. Especially when you think Targett is probably only behind Shaw + Chilwell (you can make an argument for Cresswell being third choice LB for England - but he played most of last season as LCB in a back 3 and I think Targett edges it anyway).

But Cash is behind:
Walker   
Trippier   
Reece James   
Alexander-Arnold   
Wan-Bissaka

And, as you said, is competing with Lamptey / Max Aarons / James Justin for 6th/7th place. Most of that list is younger than him too.

It’s really unlucky as I don’t think there is much between Targett and Cash at all.

No way should he be behind Bissaka.

Bissaka is just a recovery sliding tackle merchant. Offers zero going forward

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No way should he be behind Bissaka.

Bissaka is just a recovery sliding tackle merchant. Offers zero going forward

20/21
Aaron Wan Bissaka: 2 goals; 5 assists   
Matty Cash: 0 goals; 2 assists

• Like 2

Â