Matty Cash

paul514

On 21/09/2020 at 03:03, Tomaszk said:

Smith seems to have an issue with Guilbert for some reason. He's plain wrong if he thinks Neil Taylor can play in the PL and Fred can't.

As players, Cash is far more athletic but less technically proficient than Targett.

They play on different sides of the pitch. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

This is just a symtpom of the bigger problem we've had for a few years that so few of our players show for the ball. 

Martinez was shouting at Konsa to show for him when Cash was taking throw ins, he  has a decent throw on him.

Looks a great purchase to me, plenty of confidence on the ball, nice cross on him and a willingness to run. For the penalty he followed the ball incase Martinez pushed it out.

Edited by tinker
minor brain fart

4 hours ago, tinker said:

Martinez was shouting at Zach to show for him when Cash was taking throw ins, he  has a decent throw on him.

Looks a great purchase to me, plenty of confidence on the ball, nice cross on him and a willingness to run. For the penalty he followed the ball incase Martinez pushed it out.

Who Is This GIF

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd rather have Fred at left back than Taylor. Don't understand Fred being moved on.

100% agree.

Cash and Fred (I would sell Elmo to Bruce) would be perfect competition for the right back slot.  I think Fred had a decent enough season for a foreigner playing his first season in the PL for a team struggling in a relegation battle.

Just need somebody to compete with Targett - Henry would be perfect - so we can get rid of Taylor (would Bruce take him as well?) and have the full backs as competitive positions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

100% agree.

Cash and Fred (I would sell Elmo to Bruce) would be perfect competition for the right back slot.  I think Fred had a decent enough season for a foreigner playing his first season in the PL for a team struggling in a relegation battle.

Just need somebody to compete with Targett - Henry would be perfect - so we can get rid of Taylor (would Bruce take him as well?) and have the full backs as competitive positions.

Fred had a good season for any player last season excluding the top 3 or 4 rbs in the league and he claims he underperformed. He is a top quality player. I think we would be better with guilbert starting as rb and cash as a cm instead of mcginn. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

With us so weak at left back do you think we will see a 3-5-2/3-4-3 if targett gets injured with cash as LM and guilbert as rb?

I'll be stunned if we play anything other than 433 this season.

If Targett went down it would be Taylor at left back because Smith refuses to see the extent to which he kills us. 

• Like 1

Very solid isn't he. Marked difference in physical strength and conditioning between Cash and Guilbert. He's total in his commitment to defend first and get forward. That's what you want. Good start from this guy. Like Watkins also, his attitude is terrific. Recruitment has been upgraded.

• Like 1

Â