Matty Cash

paul514

Really struggled in the friendly. Hopefully it was just first match nerves. Probably need to ease him into the squad and let Guilbert start the first few matches.

Edit:  Elmo came on for Cash, so maybe Guilbert is off?

Edited by nepal_villan

21 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Really struggled in the friendly. Hopefully it was just first match nerves. Probably need to ease him into the squad and let Guilbert start the first few matches.

Edit:  Elmo came on for Cash, so maybe Guilbert is off?

Yeah i have to say i thought he was really poor. Sloppy with the ball, united kept exposing him and his tackling was reckless.

Lucky he didnt get sent off. Hopefully just 1st game nerves

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I mean it wouldn't be villa talk if we wrote a player after a pre season friendly. Time honoured tradition.

Wouldn't be VillaTalk if people didn't just jump to conclusions!

Who is writing him off? Are we not allowed to comment on his performance in a friendly?

• Like 3

On 05/09/2020 at 10:45, brummybloke said:

Maybe rewatch some of Fred's performances in France as the French 1st division barring 4 teams is the same as the championship.

Plenty of attacking, skill, and some goals and of course his crunching tackles.

Fred also in his last season for caen played right back, left back centre back and in midfield, that sounds quite versatile to me.

The Premier league is a big step up and fred for the majority of the season was our most reliable defender. His form crashed for 3 or 4 games and was dropped for a while but came back stronger.

Out of our foreign signings last season, fred was the most consistent yet excuses are used for wes or doug about new country or language (despite wes speaking English before he came) yet people seem to forget fred had the same to contend with.

I feel both fred and cash can play a big part this season.

I agree with you. I like Freddie's tenacity and the way he gets stuck in. We should not be letting him go. 

• Like 1

Just rewatching the game now (I’m in New Zealand so not just randomly watching villa friendlies at ridiculous times of the night) and the first thing that stands out over the initial 15mins or so is that:

1) Cash made a few initial errors just looking a bit fresh in new surroundings

2) They forced a lot of play down the left side at least initially, and Shaw, James, Rashford and Van De Beek were all sitting on his shoulder or presssuring him at various stages. Quite a few times you could see Cash was trying to deal with multiple people and kinda got caught in between. Whenever they had possession near our box you’d see one of their CM’s sit right in between Cash and Konsa, so that’s probably an overload they’re working on in training.

when I watched initially I just thought he looked a bit lost but he actually had a few struggles being outnumbered. He’s also quick and made a good covering run back when Rashford got sent through just before we scored. 

Definitely not the perfect start by any means but gotta give him time to get up to speed.

• Like 3

Â