Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

Good player and one that I hope we are in for, I think he's the best striker link we've had so far and it'll be great to piss off the deluded sweaties 

But if celtic have any sense and don't want or need to sell then he's not a £30m player, joelinton and Haller at £40m and he's a lot better than both

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Good player and one that I hope we are in for, I think he's the best striker link we've had so far and it'll be great to piss off the deluded sweaties 

But if celtic have any sense and don't want or need to sell then he's not a £30m player, joelinton and Haller at £40m and he's a lot better than both

Thinking positive those deals were in the summer before Covid-19 and guessing here but I imagine Celtic has a fair bit of their revenue through attendances at games?

If they miss out on the CL group stages they might be forced to sell.

47 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't get the hate nixon gets. He reports a lot of speculation, he doesn't usually claim its happening.

I think when he does make make those claims his record is usually decent. 

I'm not sure about that. 

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So we are in for TWO strikers? Wow.

Not dossing about.

Although again, Watkins can also play wide.

When he plays wide, is it left or right? 🤔

TWO strikers makes for interesting reading indeed.    

Yeah that's about right JV as Watkins is equally as effective on both left and right wings, which are positions that we're also looking to bolster and improve during this window...

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Nixon on Twitter claiming we going in hard for Édouard. Claims will be big spenders as want Watkins as well and price willing to pay putting other clubs off

Be an excellent signing for me

Going hard and in suspenders, sounds believable to me. 

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In full meltdown already. They don’t seem to think we’re very good. 

• Like 1

I think Edouard would be a fantastic signing, capable of scoring both wonder goals and the bread and butter ones.

But it’s his movement and workrate that really impress me.

I said last week why don’t we offer up Samatta on loan as a sweetener.

Playing in the SPL may help him get his goalscoring mojo back, and that obviously helps us by making him a sellable asset again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â