Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

On 15/03/2022 at 09:12, Exeter Fan Too said:

Well, I want the best for Ben and hope he makes his Premier League debut soon. But a word of caution about 'he played senior football for Exeter at 15'. He did but it consisted of 5 sub appearances coming on on respectively 88,89,79,79 and 89 minutes. That's a total of 26 minutes (plus added time after the 90 minute mark!).

My recollection of his senior debut (in the Small Heath area of Birmingham!) is that he didn't touch the ball in the two minutes he was on. All five sub appearances were in midfield. Three of those games were in the EFL Cup against either League two mainly reserve teams or West Ham's U21s. 

And his Villa experience is limited too, with just a handful of U21 games against League opposition due to his injury earlier this season. As others have said it would be great for us fans to see how good he is/has become but I'm not convinced that a debut marking Saka for 90 minutes is the best course.

I hear what you're saying, but I still think the saying of 'if you are good enough then you are old enough' How many of the so called bigger teams done this with youth players, I say why not.

With all the factors involved.....I am still unsure, when is the right time to introduce young players.

I guess you have to see them at BMH at least, to have any idea.

but, another 6 footer.......Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, sne said:

Good time to be a LB prospect at Villa with Digne (and Hause) injured, Young too maybe? And Targett at Newcastle.

You would think so wouldn't you ?????  - but maybe not.

Happy he’d get his chance, I could possibly see it from the next game? Young didn’t exactly look the best on the weekend(in terms of health)I’m sure he was constantly getting treatment on the sides and at one looked like he’d have to come off? 

I’m happy that Gerrard is blooding some of our stand out young players slowly. I’m sure the commentator also mentioned having more youth prospects on our bench on Saturday than we did senior players?

great news. Thought we may see him when Young was injured but he recovered. I assume he's going to be carrying a knock as I actually thought Young was one of our better players at the weekend. But getting Chrisene minutes is important and hopefully he takes his chance.

His deal is up in 2024 right? So has some time to make an impact or go on loan before needing to sign an extension

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Â