Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if his call up has anything to do with which First Teamer got Covid, as it's pretty rapid from us having Swinkels at LB for a while just because Chrisene was out and then as soon as he's back he's in the first team.

Wonder if it was Targett, Hause or Young who might otherwise cover LB

24 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Wonder if his call up has anything to do with which First Teamer got Covid, as it's pretty rapid from us having Swinkels at LB for a while just because Chrisene was out and then as soon as he's back he's in the first team.

Wonder if it was Targett, Hause or Young who might otherwise cover LB

Would be a shame if it was Matty Targett, thought he was outstanding against Plop. 

• Like 1

Exciting stuff, I remember a comment last season that out of the FA youth cup winning team internally Chrisene was regarded as the most talented of the lot I'm sure I also read that longer-term potentially his role being more of a number 10 / LW?

Great to have another youngster blooded but for those who have watched him closely, doesn't he represent the same pros/cons of Targett currently? (technically sound but perhaps lacking physicality for modern day attacking fullback). Interesting to see if LB develops as a long term role for him based on the above.

20 minutes ago, ZL- said:

Exciting stuff, I remember a comment last season that out of the FA youth cup winning team internally Chrisene was regarded as the most talented of the lot I'm sure I also read that longer-term potentially his role being more of a number 10 / LW?

Great to have another youngster blooded but for those who have watched him closely, doesn't he represent the same pros/cons of Targett currently? (technically sound but perhaps lacking physicality for modern day attacking fullback). Interesting to see if LB develops as a long term role for him based on the above.

i think he is exactly the type of marauding full back that gerrard would love tbh.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wonder if he will go out on loan this month.

I dont think he played much football this season due to his injury and only recently come back. He needs gametime. I think its best to keep him in the U23 this season so he can find some fitness, form and confidence. Then loan him out next season

Happy he signed a new deal looks a big talent

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A thing from tonight - he's grown - he's a big unit now - he's up on six feet and he's got shoulders like a barn door. Good recovery pace and that lovely calmness on the ball too. He can go a long way.

big unit.

6ft.

barn door.

can he play DM?

Â