Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Presumably we have high aspirations for this lad seeing as he's the only other LB at the club behind Dingne. 

Unless Gerrard sees Ashley Young as cover?

I think SG sees Ash as cover for every position. At a push I’d say he’d throw him in goal and expect a performance. 

• Haha 1

Kepy on at Bodymoor rather than loaned out. Him Iroegbunam and Chukwuemeka seem to be held in very high regard . And to be fair they probably are the 3 most complete players of our youth alongside Bogarde. 

Whether he ends up in central midfield or is groomed for left back is the only question. 

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Kepy on at Bodymoor rather than loaned out. Him Iroegbunam and Chukwuemeka seem to be held in very high regard . And to be fair they probably are the 3 most complete players of our youth alongside Bogarde. 

Whether he ends up in central midfield or is groomed for left back is the only question. 

attacking left back imo, exactly the type of player Gerrard wants at full back i reckon.

I think Chrisene and Iroegbunam not being loan out is more to do with circumstances as much as anything else.

Iroegbunam was new to the club in the summer so was never going to be loaned out after only just signing so our academy could take a look at him and he could get used to us, he might have gone out on loan this January if Nakamba had have stayed fit or if we'd have signed another DM.

Chrisene was still seventeen at the start of the season and didn't turn eighteen until last month, so incredibly young to be going out on loan and was injured anyway until around Christmas and unlikely that we'd send him out in January after only just recovering from injury.

Probably a strong chance that they will both go out on loan next season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Don't think he's ready for a loan. Very young still and lots to learn from good coaches. 

when the new season comes around, he will be 5 months off 19.

Ideal age for a loan tbh if he is talented.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

when the new season comes around, he will be 5 months off 19.

Ideal age for a loan tbh if he is talented.

He turned 18 a couple of weeks back - he's very young and the injury kept him out for a while, holding up his development. There's plenty of time for loans later down the line but based on what I've seen of him in the U23s, it wouldn't be the road I'd take yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

He turned 18 a couple of weeks back - he's very young and the injury kept him out for a while, holding up his development. There's plenty of time for loans later down the line but based on what I've seen of him in the U23s, it wouldn't be the road I'd take yet. 

Agreed hes been out for a long time, He needs game time with our U23's. Chance to go out on loan next season, then Eventually be the number 2 left back 

Great to hear. Seems that Gerrard really does rate our youth as much as i and many of us do. And to think when he first came in we had a few question marks against him in terms of if he would bring the youth through.

Watching the training videos earlier and you can see the amazing atmosphere they have created . Everything they do is competitive but they have loads of fun at the same time. Chrisene had a smile as wide as when he scored in the Youth Cup final. Kids alongside seasoned pros and they are all in it together

• Like 2

On 03/02/2022 at 22:09, lexicon said:

Don't think he's ready for a loan. Very young still and lots to learn from good coaches. 

Iroegbunam will be 20 in summer. So either a season long loan or he sticks around to play EFL Cup and Papa Johns while training with the first team. Then goes on loan in January. The problem is we need to get players in the shop window. Look at Archer and his season, that was because of the EFL Cup. 

Chrisene just turned 18, so I can't see a Loan move for him coming for a year. Can he play LB for League 2 come September? Tough

Edited by CVByrne

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Iroegbunam will be 20 in summer. So either a season long loan or he sticks around to play EFL Cup and Papa Johns while training with the first team. Then goes on loan in January. The problem is we need to get players in the shop window. Look at Archer and his season, that was because of the EFL Cup. 

Chrisene just turned 18, so I can't see a Loan move for him coming for a year. Can he play LB for League 2 come September? Tough

Chrisene has plenty of time on his side tbf. Iroegbunam definitely needs some first team games somewhere IMO - Maybe we just couldn't get interest from a level high enough (i.e. championship) that would guarantee the game time he needs or maybe he just didn't want to drop so far down. Hard to say really.

Â