Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

Having done my knee ligaments in (skiing) it’s a real bitch of an injury but he’ll have all the support and physiotherapy he needs to make a speedy return. Top talent and good luck with the road to recovery. 

• 4 months later...
21 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Will he be fit to be part of our pre season training ?

He should be. I found an article at the end of the season that said he had recovered from his knee issues but he had suffered a hamstring injury which meant he missed the end of the season.

12 hours ago, Hornso said:

He should be. I found an article at the end of the season that said he had recovered from his knee issues but he had suffered a hamstring injury which meant he missed the end of the season.

That kind of sounds like we rushed his recovery, pushing him too far after a long time out where his leg muscles had been underworked for months... Guess we'll never know. 

Usually he'll recover from a hammy injury without too much side effects, and hopefully the knee injury is now fully properly healed being given a bit of extra rest. 

Hopefully not a sign he's injury prone too as he did look very good up in Scotland. A bright future should lie ahead.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

How did he do against Walsall? (I fell asleep second half and missed it 🤦🏻‍♂️). Always looked so composed on the ball when I’ve seen him before, but obviously had a nasty injury last yr.

Didnt stand out . Lost the ball a couple of times. Shame that he ended up at lb when he would be more suited to midfield or even centre back with that composure he has .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

How did he do against Walsall? (I fell asleep second half and missed it 🤦🏻‍♂️). Always looked so composed on the ball when I’ve seen him before, but obviously had a nasty injury last yr.

He didn't look good but can put that down to rustiness, I guess. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Didnt stand out . Lost the ball a couple of times. Shame that he ended up at lb when he would be more suited to midfield or even centre back with that composure he has .

Isn’t lb his natural position though? Thought that is where he has started out. Under Emery we need our full back good in possession, so it could work well for him, although I’m not sure if he has the same dynamism that Moreno has.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, useless said:

Seems like he must be close to fitness as is pictured training with the first ahead of the game tomorrow

Brilliant to hear. Our physios haven't been covering themselves in glory with players returning from injury lately so I'm keeping everything crossed he's fit and avoids an injury this time round!

Let's see what you can do Ben!

• 3 months later...
Â