Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

If he isn't sticking around to be back-up left back, that seems like a bit of an odd one to put in the interview.

If we are buying someone, I'd definitely like to see him go and play some games elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

What a nice grounded kid! 

really like our interviews with the players 

Makes a difference with a proper sports reporter doing the interviews, Michelle Owen who’s usually on sky sports. Better questions for a start and then able to ask good follow on questions to keep the conversation flowing rather than just following a list of inane questions like they usually do 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Is he ahead of Seb Revan at LB? Am I right that neither of them started out as left backs? Ben was more of a central midfielder and Seb was more of a centre back to begin with?

Answer to the first q is he's definitely ahead of Revan at LB. Dunno where Revan started his career but yeah Chrisene started in central midfield.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Makes a difference with a proper sports reporter doing the interviews, Michelle Owen who’s usually on sky sports. Better questions for a start and then able to ask good follow on questions to keep the conversation flowing rather than just following a list of inane questions like they usually do 

As highlighted in the Carlos interview.

Interviewer: Hello Diego, what are your first impressions 

DC: Really good. The players are friendly and the facilities are amazing.

Interviewer: And what do you think of the facilities?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

.. either way hes better in midfield. Gareth Barry reincarnated. 

Is he? The club seem to indicate he’s a lb, transfermarkt shows he’s played majority of his games there and he played for Exeter at LB. 

31 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is he? The club seem to indicate he’s a lb, transfermarkt shows he’s played majority of his games there and he played for Exeter at LB. 

Probably wishful thinking that he ends up midfield. But when he played there in the Youth Cup final i thought he was imperious. Magic left foot

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Probably wishful thinking that he ends up midfield. But when he played there in the Youth Cup final i thought he was imperious. Magic left foot

I may be remembering it wrong but thought he actually played rm that day. But wherever he plays, I agree great left foot and looks really comfortable on the ball so let’s hope he steps up.

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If he isn't sticking around to be back-up left back, that seems like a bit of an odd one to put in the interview.

Pretty sure they had interviews with JPB and KKH at this point last year and both ended up going out on loan.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Pretty sure they had interviews with JPB and KKH at this point last year and both ended up going out on loan.

Yeah maybe. Thought the specific chat about challenging Digne was interesting.

I thought he was more a midfielder the lad? Pretty sure he played midfield in the youth cup final, though that was a while ago.

48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah maybe. Thought the specific chat about challenging Digne was interesting.

I thought he was more a midfielder the lad? Pretty sure he played midfield in the youth cup final, though that was a while ago.

Played RM in the Youth Final. Played LB 90% of the time that season for the U18, U23s tho

23 hours ago, May-Z said:

As highlighted in the Carlos interview.

Interviewer: Hello Diego, what are your first impressions 

DC: Really good. The players are friendly and the facilities are amazing.

Interviewer: And what do you think of the facilities?

Man those interviews are cringe when we beg for compliments.

On 08/07/2022 at 17:42, CarryOnVilla said:

It is a strange interview to have and promote. it’s either he’s getting a promotion to the first team, or drumming up for some loan deal 

Reading too much into it, as people did with the first 'loan watch' feature, before it went on to become a regular thing for a few loanees.

Â