Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

Considering everything I thought he did fine for his first game and will grow into the Killie way of playing. Will learn a lot from McInnes and has to get used to the artificial surface.

Unlucky with the shot that hit the underside of the bar.

Looks like he will get more game time than Caleb did under Martindale at Livingston last year.......... coming to think of it, he's already done that😉 

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well the England U19s needed at least one Villa player to help defend the title won by Villa's midfield last summer..

Good to see Ben back in the England fold after spells at U15,U16 and U17 but missing out on U18s due to last season's lengthy injury lay off.

Interesting that he replaced a forward in the squad...(?)

• Like 1

Bens a footballer. You can see it so easily. Just how he plays and how he looks with the ball.  Lovely touch and soft feet and really good recovery pace. Where i was concerned was the lack of football and even more the lack of 90 mins since coming to the Villa. But he seems to be building that stamina now . Maybe it was managing his load due to growing issues and muscle injuries. Either way he has a real chance because technically he is superb, and physically very strong and still growing . 

Said it before and will say it again. Gareth Barry reincarnated 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Risso said:

Disappointed that Chrisene and KKH were both sent out on loan. They both looked really good in pre-season and I think both would be getting game time in the coming weeks.

I think the loans were the best thing for them. They both show huge promise, but realistically are either ready to challegne Digne or Cash. Not yet, and a full season on loan will have them both in a much better postion to challenge next year rather than spending a large chunk of the season on our bench. We probably should have loaned Archer out too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the Aberdeen v Kilmarnock match today and Ben Chrisene played the whole match in a 4-1 defeat.

Kilmarnock are pretty poor but they did try to play out from the back and encourage good passing and movement, they just lack quality.

Chrisene looked pretty good to me yet seemed to be playing within himself, no real risk-taking and was visibly trying to keep it simple. It seemed like he could go up another gear.

He supported the attacks well but they were few and far between but overall he looked skilful, composed and also quite strong.

I'd say the one negative was that he seemed not very quick; but perhaps he was caught out by his inexperience in reading the play rather than actual speed.

It was my first trip to Pittodrie since 2013 but my seven year old son was there as his football team got them all tickets and he wanted me to go! I was hopeful of getting along before the game to catch Chrisene as he went in to the ground but just missed them unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, messi11 said:

90 mins in the bag! Anyone actually know how he's performing?

Steadily. Doesnt stand out either good or bad from what i have read. To be fair he is 18 years old playing against big scotsmen so thats not a bad situation. He has missed so much football over the last 2 years that this is what he needs. First choice left back / left wingback .  Always loved his smooth way of playing and that amazing left peg.  If he can stay fit and gets another decent loan next season and maybe the season after that we will be able to tell if he has the potential to play for us. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

A good opportunity for many Villa fans to assess Ben's progress this coming week. Two huge games for Kilmarnock against ...erm...Rangers and Celtic. Both live on TV (albeit not free to air).

Saturday away -v- Celtic in the Viaplay Cup semi final live on Viaplay at 17.30 (seems to be a channel available to Sky subscribers)

Wednesday home to Rangers in Scottish Premiership live on Sky Football/Main Event at 8pm.

Appropriate timing in view of the comings and goings of left backs this week...

Nice one ! Finally a chance to see him

35 minutes ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

A good opportunity for many Villa fans to assess Ben's progress this coming week. Two huge games for Kilmarnock against ...erm...Rangers and Celtic. Both live on TV (albeit not free to air).

Saturday away -v- Celtic in the Viaplay Cup semi final live on Viaplay at 17.30 (seems to be a channel available to Sky subscribers)

Wednesday home to Rangers in Scottish Premiership live on Sky Football/Main Event at 8pm.

Appropriate timing in view of the comings and goings of left backs this week...

I don't even wish on my worst enemy to watch Kilmarnock vs Rangers and Celtic. 

Â