Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

Iroegbunam is eighteen, and doesn't turn twenty until June 2023, he's about a week older than Barry.

Google and transfermarkt have his birth date wrong.

His correct birth date is on the official site, same birth date was also on the WBA website before he joined us.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Iroegbunam is eighteen, and doesn't turn twenty until June 2023, he's about a week older than Barry.

Google and transfermarkt have his birth date wrong.

His correct birth date is on the official site, same birth date was also on the WBA website before he joined us.

Always thought this as well. Otherwise he would not have been playing against us in the youth cup semi 

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If Digne is out for a few weeks might be a chance to blood him now that we have little to play for.

We have plenty to play for, finishing top half is a big deal, the higher we finish the higher caliber player we can attract in the summer,  it’s all about hitting targets and progression.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If Digne is out for a few weeks might be a chance to blood him now that we have little to play for.

agreed

We have nothing to to play for now, finishing top half woopie woo who cares, 10th or 11th whats the difference? it’s all about hitting targets and progression and we failed massively this season 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

We have plenty to play for, finishing top half is a big deal, the higher we finish the higher caliber player we can attract in the summer,  it’s all about hitting targets and progression.

I can't imagine the team falling apart from playing him instead of Ashley Young who despite doing an adequate job when called upon does not offer us a good attacking outlet down the left.

The Wolves game might be better than the Arsenal game though as it would be a tough debut to come against Saka.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

agreed

We have nothing to to play for now, finishing top half woopie woo who cares, 10th or 11th whats the difference? it’s all about hitting targets and progression and we failed massively this season 

If we finish in the top half,It would be the first time in we had done so in the last 10 years or so, do we want to convince Coutinho to sign in the summer? Yes how do we do that? By finishing as high as possible and  convincing him that we can push for european next season,  don’t get me wrong I’m all For giving youth a chance I was one of Jacob Ramsey’s biggest fans last season before the buzz, but anyone thinking Ben Chrisene is just starting out of the blue without 2-3 mins here and there needs to give their head a wobble.

17 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

If we finish in the top half,It would be the first time in we had done so in the last 10 years or so, do we want to convince Coutinho to sign in the summer? Yes how do we do that? By finishing as high as possible and  convincing him that we can push for european next season,  don’t get me wrong I’m all For giving youth a chance I was one of Jacob Ramsey’s biggest fans last season before the buzz, but anyone thinking Ben Chrisene is just starting out of the blue without 2-3 mins here and there needs to give their head a wobble.

Question for you: If we finish in 10th place with less points than we manage to get last season. Is that a better season than last season?

26 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Jacob Ramsey was thrown in out of the blue against Wolves, had only played a handful of games for Doncaster and one PL sub appearance before that. Chrisene has played senior football for Exeter at 15 and has the experience of the Liverpool game too. If his performances in training are good tenough then this should be an opportunity to give him a chance, even if it is only off the bench.

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

We're three points off 13th and only five off a charging Newcastle in 14th. The difference between 9th and 13th would be £10m - it might be the difference between Coutinho or no Coutinho - it's important we don't slide too far down the table.

That said, I think it would be wise to get Chrisene onto the bench into Ashley Young's slot and I think there's a chance he'll get some minutes over the next few weeks, it'd be nice to see him get his debut before the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

agreed

9th is progression! The top 8 aren't just going to let us go ahead of them. 

11 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Jacob Ramsey was thrown in out of the blue against Wolves, had only played a handful of games for Doncaster and one PL sub appearance before that. Chrisene has played senior football for Exeter at 15 and has the experience of the Liverpool game too. If his performances in training are good tenough then this should be an opportunity to give him a chance, even if it is only off the bench.

JJ started that game yes but he was gradually introduced to premier league football, that season he averaged 27mins per game,  this season he has averaged 75mins per game and has 5 more appearances than last season , Ben Chrisene played 10 mins of senior football in league 2 and made 25mins over 3  games in the efl cup, I’d be glad to see Ben get some mins before the end of the season but let’s not kidd our selfs that he will be starting the next game , 5 mins here and there yes very realistic.

Edited by gwi1890

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're three points off 13th and only five off a charging Newcastle in 14th. The difference between 9th and 13th would be £10m - it might be the difference between Coutinho or no Coutinho - it's important we don't slide too far down the table.

That said, I think it would be wise to get Chrisene onto the bench into Ashley Young's slot and I think there's a chance he'll get some minutes over the next few weeks, it'd be nice to see him get his debut before the end of the season.

Absolutely. It's easier to sell the aim of wanting to break into the european places next season, to a prospective player, when you're 9th, than it is when you finish 13th.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

Question for you: If we finish in 10th place with less points than we manage to get last season. Is that a better season than last season?

The league position would suggest so, does anyone outside of Villa remember that We finished with 20/21 season with 55 points?

14 hours ago, messi11 said:

Yes, we will have performed better than a greater number of teams.

If there is one completely rubbish side in a particular season, i.e. a Derby, that just effectively means +6 points to every other team, for example.

Similarly, I'm sure Liverpool don't celebrate the fact that they are 1 of only 2 teams to gain over 100 points since they didn't win the league that season.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, messi11 said:

Yes, atleast for the fact that we’ve done without Grealish. That’s was a major concern during summer whoever we got.

On 13/03/2022 at 23:17, messi11 said:

Question for you :  say Man City finish Season A in 3rd with a points tally of 85 points, and then finish season B in 1st with a lesser points tally of 80 points, is Season A a better season despite the fact that season B with less points results in Silverware? Because it seems to me that this is what you are implying in our scenario.

• Like 1

Â