Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

We only want players, who are happy to be with us.

team spirit is vitally important and attitude too.

if... he doesn't want to come, move on to someone who does....simple.

so he allegedly doesn't want to be involved in a relegation battle, funny that, neither do we, we have something in common.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

So, All of the sudden there is a cloud of worry come over the thread that "he doesn't want to play for a team battling relegation"..  "doesn't want to come"...  "doesn't want to play for Villa"...   Amazing!

... And yet not a single quote from the poor lad anywhere to be seen!   Astonishing.

I said the same several pages back and everyone ignored it because it didn't fit their narrative, they wanted a reason to worry. 

I likened the Rashica transfer to Grealish. Rashica is probably chillin' while the media are just making up shit 24/7 until something legit actually happens.

Without quotes it's as good as bullshit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So, All of the sudden there is a cloud of worry come over the thread that "he doesn't want to play for a team battling relegation"..  "doesn't want to come"...  "doesn't want to play for Villa"...   Amazing!

... And yet not a single quote from the poor lad anywhere to be seen!   Astonishing.

It's amazing how some articles/reports get taken as gospel and others get dismissed as tenuous.

That article on the German website was just a rehash of reports going back the last few months. It was thought the transfer to Leipzig was a done deal even before the end of the season. There were reports weeks ago that Rashica had agreed terms with an unnamed club (which was probably Leipzig) but no fee had been agreed. That was weeks and weeks ago. This new article has added absolutely nothing new. No quotes, nothing. Yet people are happy to take it's word and ignore all the obvious signs that we are in for him. Who knows how the negotiations are going? Who says he doesn't want to join? Until he comes out and says it himself or there is a confirmed story the transfer is dead, then there's no change from what we knew days ago.

• Like 3

I think there is some serious espionage going on? So we/Villa are/have been in some/serious negotiations with a players agent or a club over a player who plays in a similar position to Watkins and Benrahma?! The story now being that the player isn't that interested, preferring to go elsewhere and so we are being used as pawns to drive up the price for the selling club?! Making us look desperate for his signature??!!!

🧐 In fact I think what is actually occurring here is that Purslow has being using Rashica and Bremen as pawns in the Watkins and Benrahma pursuit, to bring the double negotiations to a speedily conclusion. Hoping to have both wrapped up by Wednesday, as per VT tradition. I bet Rashica isn't even on the list. Purslow probably saw the link and thought, "Ah, let me stir the pot with one of options off the Championship list and give Bremen a call. That'll show Brentford they can't take the piss". That seems far more plausible knowing Purslow the way we do? Guaranteed that's what happened as he even roped Nakamba into the plan. Clever.

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I think there is some serious espionage going on? 

🧐 In fact I think what is actually occurring here is that Purslow probably saw the link and thought, "Ah, let me stir the pot with one of options off the Championship list and give Bremen a call. That'll show Brentford they can't take the piss". That seems far more plausible knowing Purslow the way we do? Guaranteed that's what happened as he even roped Nakamba into the plan. Clever.

Plausible.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I think there is some serious espionage going on? So we/Villa are/have been in some/serious negotiations with a players agent or a club over a player who plays in a similar position to Watkins and Benrahma?! The story now being that the player isn't that interested, preferring to go elsewhere and so we are being used as pawns to drive up the price for the selling club?! Making us look desperate for his signature??!!!

🧐 In fact I think what is actually occurring here is that Purslow has being using Rashica and Bremen as pawns in the Watkins and Benrahma pursuit, to bring the double negotiations to a speedily conclusion. Hoping to have both wrapped up by Wednesday, as per VT tradition. I bet Rashica isn't even on the list. Purslow probably saw the link and thought, "Ah, let me stir the pot with one of options off the Championship list and give Bremen a call. That'll show Brentford they can't take the piss". That seems far more plausible knowing Purslow the way we do? Guaranteed that's what happened as he even roped Nakamba into the plan. Clever.

I'd imagine a lot of that sort of stuff goes on in football. It says to Brentford we're not desperate for Watkins and Benrahma, which would perhaps make them think they should drop their prices if they want to sell.

Except there are several other clubs interested in Watkins and Benrahma, so I can't see it forcing Brentford's hand at all.

More likely Villa have been put off (for now) by a high price and are exploring other leads to see if they can find better value for money. Rashica is one of those options, but he would prefer to play in the CL and stay in Germany if Leipzig make a suitable offer. The transfer will move slowly as Rashica or Werder are waiting for an offer from Leipzig who won't be making any moves until the end of their season. Villa will be second choice for Rashica, and Watkins will be Villa's second choice because of his high price for a championship player. That being said, if there's bids placed for Watkins I can see us matching them if we're not making progress on other players.

I don't think Rashica is a complete decoy, but more of an ambitious punt they will try and pull off. But I think we will have to wait for Leipzig to make their first move, as Rashica won't want to join Villa unless he knows Leipzig aren't interested or won't make a bid. Until that's known I don't think we will be seeing any movement for Rashica or Watkins.

4 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

I'd imagine a lot of that sort of stuff goes on in football. It says to Brentford we're not desperate for Watkins and Benrahma, which would perhaps make them think they should drop their prices if they want to sell.

Except there are several other clubs interested in Watkins and Benrahma, so I can't see it forcing Brentford's hand at all.

More likely Villa have been put off (for now) by a high price and are exploring other leads to see if they can find better value for money. Rashica is one of those options, but he would prefer to play in the CL and stay in Germany if Leipzig make a suitable offer. The transfer will move slowly as Rashica or Werder are waiting for an offer from Leipzig who won't be making any moves until the end of their season. Villa will be second choice for Rashica, and Watkins will be Villa's second choice because of his high price for a championship player. That being said, if there's bids placed for Watkins I can see us matching them if we're not making progress on other players.

I don't think Rashica is a complete decoy, but more of an ambitious punt they will try and pull off. But I think we will have to wait for Leipzig to make their first move, as Rashica won't want to join Villa unless he knows Leipzig aren't interested or won't make a bid. Until that's known I don't think we will be seeing any movement for Rashica or Watkins.

My post was in jest fella. Although that stuff more than goes on tbh.