Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Last season, he didn't want to join us for our relegation battle, as he was too good for us.

Things have changed now. Villa is too good for him.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He was a shadow of the player he was in previous seasons sadly. There's still a good player in there.

You could say that for a lot of players. Plenty of players were good at one point and now no longer were. Hell, we just had one of those in Ross Barkley and look how he turned out.

I just think people are clinging too much on the hope that he will suddenly become good for us just because he was good once before. Buying players like these is always a much larger risk than usual and I don't think we really need to take the risk here. Just put that money towards Buendia or Mcneil.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He is worse than El Ghazi and Bertie Traore.

Watched him all season because I was excited to see him. He is awful.  A bench option for a relegated team, who has low stamina, is a liability on defence (gave away a penalty to help relegate Werder 2 games ago, from Werder's own corner kick at the other end as well....), awful in the air (he is 5ft 10" ), physically weak, graduated from the Conor Hourihane/ Ross Barkley school of pressing and is average to awful at taking on a man.

He is very good at crossing, a good finisher in the box and superb one on one with the keeper. 

I will be very very surprised if we recruit him, he is simply worse than El Ghazi, Bertie and Trezequet in every aspect. I have no doubt he would improve here (Werder's old manager was a complete clown) but improve to what? I dont see how he can ever get upo the level of a proven Premier league attacker like El Ghazi let alone Bertie.

So yeah my opinion is very negative having watched him this season. If we recruit him then of course I will support him but I will also be very curious to see what our scouts saw vs what I saw.

Makes you wonder what our highly paid and successful scouting team are thinking really. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Here's a clue...

Imagine we sign him for €15m, he gets a full preseason under his belt with no injuries and this version of Rashica turns up for us.

If we are interested then our lot must be confident of being able to achieve that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AJ said:

Last season, he didn't want to join us for our relegation battle, as he was too good for us.

Things have changed now. Villa is too good for him.

None of this is actually known.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

the guy is a donkey who is prone to injury..why the hell are people linking us to him again..much much better out there

Have you seen the clip of this donkey turning Jerome Boateng inside out three times on his way from the half way line to the edge of the box before finding the top corner well beyond Manuel Neuer's outstretched left hand? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Have you seen the clip of this donkey turning Jerome Boateng inside out three times on his way from the half way line to the edge of the box before finding the top corner well beyond Manuel Neuer's outstretched left hand? 

Yeah flash git, that’s the last thing we want. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

the guy is a donkey who is prone to injury..why the hell are people linking us to him again..much much better out there

Hee-Haw t to be good with a fifa rating of 80

I am not a fan of someone who turns down aston villa because "we were relegation fodder" then in turn he gets relegated himself..his coach says he is a petulant child and NOW  he wants to come to villa......you couldnt make this shit up

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

I am not a fan of someone who turns down aston villa because "we were relegation fodder" then in turn he gets relegated himself..his coach says he is a petulant child and NOW  he wants to come to villa......you couldnt make this shit up

where did his coach say that?

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Even if there’s any truth to that (which I don’t believe there was, his club messed around), don’t you think that’s a bit petty?

If Messi said, “I don’t rate Aston Villa, they don’t win things” but then we somehow had a chance to sign him, are you saying you would be against it? 🤣

(an extreme case but you get the point).

I’d rather we signed players with a bit of ambition rather than those just chasing the big bucks and happy to sit on the bench etc.

• Thanks 1