Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Have you ever changed your mind and persuaded someone else that this new version of you they are seeing was always 'the real you'?

I suspect you have, in an interview say, where you bolster your achievements and ignore the failures, or you just big up the things about you that you think the recruiter will want to hear.

It's natural that you do this because your circumstances have changed in the job you are currently in and now you want a new job, so you start by telling yourself a story which you hope you can then go on to sell to a new employer at interview.

Rashica's circumstances changed (his employer got relegated), so he needs a new employer that matches his ambition. One year on from our initial interest, his perception of the circumstances (aka as his options), is different. He changed his mind. It's normal. Everybody does it all of the time! Even you.

He probably will sign.

It does make you think, they really probably should have sold him to us last season and reinvested the money in maybe 2 or 3 new players, may have kept them up.  That's was the plan I believe. 

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

What does should mean?

😁 It's a modal verb that describes 'a good idea'. More or less. Also, interestingly, as people don't talk about it but it's the past tense of shall. 😁

(Ok I know that's not what you're saying)

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

It does make you think, they really probably should have sold him to us last season and reinvested the money in maybe 2 or 3 new players, may have kept them up.  That's was the plan I believe. 

Yeah, I suspect it was the club that messed around and stalled/prevented the deal rather than Milot himself, who actually knows? But I wouldn’t blame him if he had doubts about uprooting and moving abroad for a relegation battle either. I would still welcome him and would expect him to be a major asset.

They’ve paid the price really and likely have an unhappy and unfit player on their hands they now need to offload. He needs a move to revive his career.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The estimated price seems to be going down each day- apparently. However if the Football Insider says this as well I would be worried.

They're bound to get something right, statistically speaking... 

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Shocked some are turning our noses up at him. Is the plan not to establish ourselves and strengthen with the best players from squads above and below us?

Bet you don't even know how he performed last season

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Does anybody genuinely know if he's any good? The underlying number's don't look great tbh, is he actually better than El Ghazi for example? 

Didn't have a good season this season but not many at Werder Bremen did. He never really got going after various different injuries and when he did play he looked well short of confidence but that could be to do with the poor team and manager he was playing for. Nobody had a good season. But in previous seasons I've seen more than enough to show his qualities. At his best, we don't really have anyone like him. He's not really similar to El Ghazi as I think he's at his best played centrally rather than just purely out wide. He'd work well in a fluid frontline. I think he needs a move away from Bremen, get a fresh start somewhere and his confidence back and I'm sure he'd show he's a good player again. Would definitely be good value for around £10m.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The **** is a Tor Alarm App anyway?

Tor means goal in German. Probably click bait in app form for insatiable football fans clinging on to every bollocks transfer rumour

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Didn't have a good season this season but not many at Werder Bremen did. He never really got going after various different injuries and when he did play he looked well short of confidence but that could be to do with the poor team and manager he was playing for. Nobody had a good season. But in previous seasons I've seen more than enough to show his qualities. At his best, we don't really have anyone like him. He's not like El Ghazi at all really as I think he's at his best played centrally. I think he needs a move away from Bremen, get a fresh start somewhere and his confidence back and I'm sure he'd show he's a good player again. Would definitely be good value for around £10m.

So worth a punt then, rather than being the instant game changer he is made out to be on VT?

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tor means goal in German. Probably click bait in app form for insatiable football fans clinging on to every bollocks transfer rumour

Nice. For a second I thought we were conducting our business on the dark web. 

• Haha 1

You can look at Lingard as a prime current example of someone who had an off season(s), and then came good in the right environment because the underlying ability was always there.

This guy definitely has the ability. And he will almost certainly be immediately worth more than we sign him for (assuming the release fee is accurate). At €15m, he is absolutely worth the money in this market.

Feels more like this could be happening than not,  but still yet to see any genuine link from a legitimate source. 

• Like 1