Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So worth a punt then, rather than being the instant game changer he is made out to be on VT?

Considering he has a year left on his contract, which also probably has a relegation release clause anyway, he must be available for no more than €15m. For that kind of money it's a no brainer really. If we could give him a new lease of life (a la Lingard) then he'd be a very good addition. Would provide competition on either wing or as a second striker and would add bags of pace to the team. Worth the risk for me.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Does anybody genuinely know if he's any good? The underlying number's don't look great tbh, is he actually better than El Ghazi for example? 

Only got ~40 combined minutes total for both games vs. 'Gladbach so hard be too critical with the reduced game-time, he did pop up with a consolation goal in the home leg on the last day of the season when they were already 4 goals down and effectively relegated.  I'd be happy to grant a degree of leeway to a player having a poor campaign as part of an all-round dreadful team and off the back of missing out on mooted big moves because his club dicked around at the last minute, especially if they're available for a knock-down price and with the faith I have in our coaching team at the mo.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Does anybody genuinely know if he's any good? The underlying number's don't look great tbh, is he actually better than El Ghazi for example? 

AEG is proven for us now imo, he scores enough goals although I always feel he could work harder defensively.

Milot seems about the same level and unproven for us, we should be aiming or trying to bring in someone who is better than wingers we currently have.

23 hours ago, sne said:

Almost a shame to have fans back in the stadiums now.

Imagine Villa Park decked out like this but with his face on every picture

Soccer Fans Put Cardboard Cutouts of Themselves in Stands | Time

What's our friend Arlind the Journalist saying 

Admittedly I know nothing about him but I don't want him. He was of the opinion that he was too good for us last season and that may well have been true based on the previous season. But don't we want players that want to play for us because they know who and what we are? 

Edited by Yorkie18
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Yorkie18 said:

Admittedly I know nothing about him but I don't want him. He was of the opinion that he was too good for us last season and that may well have been true based on the previous season. But don't we want players that want to play for us because they know who and what we are? 

but do we want players who want to play for us because they thought they knew what we were last season, but were wrong, now think they know what we could be next season, after this season. But 50% of the time they will want to play for us all of the time?

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Sorry for sharing my opinion oh gracious one. 

Oh and my dads tv is bigger than your dads tv, etc etc

So what did you think of him at Bremen last season? 

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He is worse than El Ghazi and Bertie Traore.

Watched him all season because I was excited to see him. He is awful.  A bench option for a relegated team, who has low stamina, is a liability on defence (gave away a penalty to help relegate Werder 2 games ago, from Werder's own corner kick at the other end as well....), awful in the air (he is 5ft 10" ), physically weak, graduated from the Conor Hourihane/ Ross Barkley school of pressing and is average to awful at taking on a man.

He is very good at crossing, a good finisher in the box and superb one on one with the keeper. 

I will be very very surprised if we recruit him, he is simply worse than El Ghazi, Bertie and Trezequet in every aspect. I have no doubt he would improve here (Werder's old manager was a complete clown) but improve to what? I dont see how he can ever get upo the level of a proven Premier league attacker like El Ghazi let alone Bertie.

So yeah my opinion is very negative having watched him this season. If we recruit him then of course I will support him but I will also be very curious to see what our scouts saw vs what I saw.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Watched him all season because I was excited to see him. He is awful.  A bench option for a relegated team, who has low stamina, is a liability on defence (gave away a penalty to help relegate Werder 2 games ago, from Werder's own corner kick at the other end as well....), awful in the air (he is 5ft 10" ), physically weak, graduated from the Conor Hourihane/ Ross Barkley school of pressing and is average to awful at taking on a man.

Kenneth-Williams.jpg

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He is very good at crossing, a good finisher in the box and superb one on one with the keeper. 

I will be very very surprised if we recruit him, he is simply worse than El Ghazi, Bertie and Trezequet in every aspect. I have no doubt he would improve here (Werder's old manager was a complete clown) but improve to what? I dont see how he can ever get upo the level of a proven Premier league attacker like El Ghazi let alone Bertie.

So yeah my opinion is very negative having watched him this season. If we recruit him then of course I will support him but I will also be very curious to see what our scouts saw vs what I saw.

Was last season the first you saw of him?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Was last season the first you saw of him?

yup. I only watched him this 2020/2021 season. he may have been amazing in the 2019/2020 season and youtube looks good. I am just going by what I have seen with his latest season.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

yup. I only watched him this 2020/2021 season. he may have been amazing in the 2019/2020 season and youtube looks good. I am just going by what I have seen with his latest season.

He was a shadow of the player he was in previous seasons sadly. There's still a good player in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

So what did you think of him at Bremen last season? 

Under par in a poor side, a few goals, spent some time injured. Clearly a decent player in there, which is why so many good teams have been interested in the past. At the reported low fee, why not? Deano gets the best out of players.

Although, that's only my opinion. I'm sure you have much more extensive knowledge about all things 👍

• Like 2