Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

I think if we signed Rashica this summer, we'd still get a new transfer speculation thread for him the year after. 

Dunner nerrr, dunnnerr nerr, dunner nerrrrr, that's just the way it is. 

29 minutes ago, Phinnonymous said:

Hey, guys! Glad, to see that you had such a relaxed season, while we got bloody relegated. Personally: I can`t believe somebody wants to pay 16M€ for him given his performances the last 1 1/2 seasons and considering our financial and competitive situation. I would personally carry him on my back to Birmingham if Werder got 10 Million.

Hello and welcome back. Sorry to hear about the relegation :(

For what it's worth I really don't think we'll be trying to sign Milot. (Though i'm purely guessing). You may be carrying him elsewhere I suspect. 

39 minutes ago, Phinnonymous said:

Hey, guys! Glad, to see that you had such a relaxed season, while we got bloody relegated. Personally: I can`t believe somebody wants to pay 16M€ for him given his performances the last 1 1/2 seasons and considering our financial and competitive situation. I would personally carry him on my back to Birmingham if Werder got 10 Million.

Finally some objective clarity. Sorry about the relegation. I'm still completely shocked. As a Kiwi who spent a bit of time in Germany I would often get asked if I knew if Wynton Rufer which the answer was of course

1 hour ago, Phinnonymous said:

We'll still take him just so we can arrange the friendly with you guys every year 👍🏻

• Like 1

Useless anecdote. I got VIP access at only Bundesliga game I went to. Last home game at Mönchengladbach before new stadium. Went with ex GF to see her team Freiberg play the hosts. Seated behind the goal when Freiberg scored someone from way behind threw plastic beer glass in the air and spike at bottom landed directly on top of my head. Didn't notice but GF was freaking out as blood running down my head. Maltesers(Ambulance guys) came and took me to first aid and had to walk down onto pitch down the sideline. Was worth it for the experience

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Finally some objective clarity. Sorry about the relegation. I'm still completely shocked. As a Kiwi who spent a bit of time in Germany I would often get asked if I knew if Wynton Rufer which the answer was of course

That’s a fans opinion. I respect his opinion if he has regularly watched him but if we are in for Rashica it’s because much better qualified men than me, you and our friend from Germany, think that he’s worth the money. 

This is a football forum where we come to discuss things and exchange opinions. With the world being shut for the last year or so these places are a great way to have those chats we can’t have in the pub, at work, in the playground etc. I think they’re valuable in that respect. 

What I don’t understand is people who demand that pages, that they don’t agree with, should be shut down. Why would that be the right thing to do? Surely the most relevant factor in judging the merit of a page is it’s popularity. If the members are engaged in the subject in sufficient numbers, the page is fulfilling the objective of the forum. If not it’ll just die a natural death and won’t need to be closed. The merits of a page are not necessarily linked to the merits of the player or subject being discussed

I’m not directing that specifically at you by the way. I just found myself going off on a verbal ramble. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Useless anecdote. I got VIP access at only Bundesliga game I went to. Last home game at Mönchengladbach before new stadium. Went with ex GF to see her team Freiberg play the hosts. Seated behind the goal when Freiberg scored someone from way behind threw plastic beer glass in the air and spike at bottom landed directly on top of my head. Didn't notice but GF was freaking out as blood running down my head. Maltesers(Ambulance guys) came and took me to first aid and had to walk down onto pitch down the sideline. Was worth it for the experience

This explains a lot😉

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You would do though.

You think having more than 12 players in a squad is bad too.

Like I said to another poster who accused I've never **** said that. Maybe I don't want shit players with bad attitudes

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't want shit players with bad attitudes

We wouldn't get that by signing Rashica, so that statement is complete nonsense.

He remained professional this season despite his move collapsing last summer. There is no evidence anywhere of him having a bad attitude.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You would do though.

You think having more than 12 players in a squad is bad too.

You'd have to be a shit manager to not know you can only field 11, what's the point of the 12th? Mascot? Ffs

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s a fans opinion. I respect his opinion if he has regularly watched him but if we are in for Rashica it’s because much better qualified men than me, you and our friend from Germany, think that he’s worth the money. 

This is a football forum where we come to discuss things and exchange opinions. With the world being shut for the last year or so these places are a great way to have those chats we can’t have in the pub, at work, in the playground etc. I think they’re valuable in that respect. 

What I don’t understand is people who demand that pages, that they don’t agree with, should be shut down. Why would that be the right thing to do? Surely the most relevant factor in judging the merit of a page is it’s popularity. If the members are engaged in the subject in sufficient numbers, the page is fulfilling the objective of the forum. If not it’ll just die a natural death and won’t need to be closed. The merits of a page are not necessarily linked to the merits of the player or subject being discussed

I’m not directing that specifically at you by the way. I just found myself going off on 

Well, assuming the links are true and not just bullshit, what's the point of questioning or debating anything then if people are just gonna say "well, better qualified people think otherwise, so we can't say anything".

And the further problem with this is that, experts can be wrong and we've seen countless examples of people far more qualified than us in football make dire decisions that would make every novice fan scratch their head. We just saw arguably the best manager in the world play a bad tactic, yet I guarantee you that people who questioned it before the game would be met with comments about how they clearly don't know anything and clearly the best manager in the world knows what he's doing.

That's not to say experts are worthless. Just that they can and do get things wrong. The reason is that there are so many things in football in particular that are up for debate even among experts. Which are the best tactics to play, who's the best player, etc. This extends to scouting too. The list of scouting flops are endless and they happen to everyone from the worst team to the best. 

If we had the consensus opinions of experts, I'd be much more confident in deferring my opinion. But we often don't. We often just get the opinion of a single expert or two who for all we know, may have drastically different opinions to a lot of other experts.

All this is to say, no, I don't particularly rate the opinions of a couple of people who are far better qualified than me. Statistically, a single or couple of experts have shown that they quite often get things wrong. They're wrong enough that I don't think saying "well, some better qualified people think otherwise" is a good enough argument to ignore all other evidence to the contrary. Their opinions should just be another pile to the evidence pool that may or may not sway your opinion depending on other evidence.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Well, assuming the links are true and not just bullshit, what's the point of questioning or debating anything then if people are just gonna say "well, better qualified people think otherwise, so we can't say anything".

And the further problem with this is that, experts can be wrong and we've seen countless examples of people far more qualified than us in football make dire decisions that would make every novice fan scratch their head. We just saw arguably the best manager in the world play a bad tactic, yet I guarantee you that people who questioned it before the game would be met with comments about how they clearly don't know anything and clearly the best manager in the world knows what he's doing.

That's not to say experts are worthless. Just that they can and do get things wrong. The reason is that there are so many things in football in particular that are up for debate even among experts. Which are the best tactics to play, who's the best player, etc. This extends to scouting too. The list of scouting flops are endless and they happen to everyone from the worst team to the best. 

If we had the consensus opinions of experts, I'd be much more confident in deferring my opinion. But we often don't. We often just get the opinion of a single expert or two who for all we know, may have drastically different opinions to a lot of other experts.

All this is to say, no, I don't particularly rate the opinions of a couple of people who are far better qualified than me. Statistically, a single or couple of experts have shown that they quite often get things wrong. They're wrong enough that I don't think saying "well, some better qualified people think otherwise" is a good enough argument to ignore all other evidence to the contrary. Their opinions should just be another pile to the evidence pool that may or may not sway your opinion depending on other evidence.

Whether you like it or not, those are the people whose opinion gets listened to by the club, that’s why they employ them. My point is, and I think you agree with this, that here we are on a forum just chatting as amateurs and that’s the whole point of the forum. 

Of course the “experts” sometimes make mistakes. The point is though they are generally much better qualified to be involved in the process than us lot. Otherwise why would we have an army of scouts, data analysis guys etc. The club are just hoping that employing people who are good at their various jobs reduces the risk. 

28 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

A really fascinating observation.

I think its called "Over thinking things"

On 02/06/2021 at 02:26, Phinnonymous said:

Sorry mate. Commiserations we have been there, its a terrible feeling.  :(

I blame Florian Kohfeldt pretty much entirely for your relegation.  Ignoring Rashica there are a lot of good players in the Werder Bremen squad. I was not impressed with his coaching this season at all.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer