Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, that's what I watched. 

Amazed he's turned you down.

He's said he's after Premiership football, you can't blame him for that ambition, but I think the step up might be too much, a year in the Championship might well have improve him, who knows, meanwhile we go back to the drawing board to find others suitable, whilst we all play out these farcical transfer windows that seems to get more involved each time they come round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

He's said he's after Premiership football, you can't blame him for that ambition, but I think the step up might be too much, a year in the Championship might well have improve him, who knows, meanwhile we go back to the drawing board to find others suitable, whilst we all play out these farcical transfer windows that seems to get more involved each time they come round.

We've got a Scott Hogan you can have...

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, jonjon said:

In that case he might be looking a while :mrgreen:

In all seriousness I think this is a mistake on his part. A good season for you and his stock would be far higher. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In that case he might be looking a while :mrgreen:

In all seriousness I think this is a mistake on his part. A good season for you and his stock would be far higher. 

Or his bubble would burst and the speculation on his price would decrease. Agents are masters of this sort of timing (and Brentford, it seems).

Look at Hogan: some agent did a stock-broker style ‘pump and dump’ with him: brilliant for one season, up the price, drum up interest, up the price, and some idiot ends up dealing with the mess when the bubble bursts.

More optimistically for Watkins, his development could continue if he signed for us and the multiplier effect of the PL could boost his value further. 

[I can’t believe I used the phrase ‘pump and dump’ on VT. I await the consequences. ]

9 hours ago, jonjon said:

Barry Fry was crowing on SSN that four premier league teams have enquired about Toney and wanting £10m plus add ons, which probably doesn't help either. Between him and the agent, Toney is after the big bucks straight away. 

Personally, I think he should look at a team like Brentford who play good football and a recent history of developing players who will attract premier league teams for a higher fee. 

The positive is @jonjon your club will no doubt unearth another gem instead.

• Like 1

Some random (and brand new) ITK on Twitter says he has passed his medical and is signing for us today...

He appears to have been right about one or two (fairly obvious things so far) but is making bold claims unlike most other ITKs. I reckon it's nonsense but guess we shall see. 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Some random (and brand new) ITK on Twitter says he has passed his medical and is signing for us today...

He appears to have been right about one or two (fairly obvious things so far) but is making bold claims unlike most other ITKs. I reckon it's nonsense but guess we shall see. 

If it were true percy would have tweeted about it by now i think. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

It would have been leaked to the media already that a fee has been agreed if that was the case.

11 hours ago, jonjon said:

You not think the wheels will fall off at Brentford soon ? - they can't keep on finding players for next to nothing.

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

You not think the wheels will fall off at Brentford soon ? - they can't keep on finding players for next to nothing.

Not at all, but they might work a bit loose!!!. 

What you have to remember is that the papers and journalist only talk and write about our success in the transfer market, such as the amount of profit in player sales in a relatively short time, What they don't report is that we have also had our fair share of non starters, as it's not newsworthy, the only saving grace has been that not a lot of money has been paid for them and we generally have not lost much money when we  sell them on. 

I think we will still keep finding gems due to our extensive scouting network abroad, but it will obviously be getting harder each time.

I can see a club with a good scouting set-up and stability within the organisation, can keep finding bargains when playing in the championship. I think the issue first arrives when/if they are promoted. 

They are currently in a position to find and give continental players a lot of playing time in a settled championship side. Once you're promoted that stability, confidence and chance to find your feet in a new country disappears. 

38 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Not at all, but they might work a bit loose!!!. 

What you have to remember is that the papers and journalist only talk and write about our success in the transfer market, such as the amount of profit in player sales in a relatively short time, What they don't report is that we have also had our fair share of non starters, as it's not newsworthy, the only saving grace has been that not a lot of money has been paid for them and we generally have not lost much money when we  sell them on. 

I think we will still keep finding gems due to our extensive scouting network abroad, but it will obviously be getting harder each time.

Well you haven't lost anyone yet

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

It's probably just @Delphinho123 doing his **** Wednesday nonsense again...!

Still Mad GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I can see a club with a good scouting set-up and stability within the organisation, can keep finding bargains when playing in the championship. I think the issue first arrives when/if they are promoted. 

They are currently in a position to find and give continental players a lot of playing time in a settled championship side. Once you're promoted that stability, confidence and chance to find your feet in a new country disappears. 

You are right, The Premiership is a whole new ball game and we will have to be prepared for that day if we do reach the Premiership, I think and hope that our DOF's and scouting network would already be working on that scenario, it's well documented that they do like to plan ahead,  but it's still a big ask, we will have to see.   

Â