Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

14 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Start warming the bench until you become useful again. 

I think Watkins is still playing catch up with everyone else after his pre-season injury and possibly off field distraction of becoming a father.

It could be that Deano is trying to play him into some form, or crow bar both Ings and Watkins into the same team. Which I think most on here would agree is not a great formation for our team. I would like to see us revert to our favoured 433 next game and bench Watkins and let him work his way back into the team.

I would like to see us go with Bailey/Ings/Buendia as the front three next game, maybe swap Traore instead of Buendia. With a midfield of McGinn/Luiz/Ramsey or Sanson behind them.

I think he's not comfortable in the 352. The formation which everyone is screwing about. I also think many people have short memories at just how good he is for us when used correctly. 

The way I see it is we play the system that brings the best out of what players we have. Change system and OW changes form from poor to much better. 

The formation does not suit just him but Ing's also. Neither are playing to their normal standards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think he's not comfortable in the 352. The formation which everyone is screwing about. I also think many people have short memories at just how good he is for us when used correctly. 

The way I see it is we play the system that brings the best out of what players we have. Change system and OW changes form from poor to much better. 

The formation does not suit just him but Ing's also. Neither are playing to their normal standards

Good point. Ollie is getting all the pelters - but Ings goes long periods without even touching the ball.

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was same last season, He scored 15 but could've easily got up to 25 with some of the chances he had.

Main difference this season is his all round game bar Chelsea hasn't been very good at all. Not pressing that well (1st minute booking tonight probably did for him) and touch and anticipation been poor aswell.

He's very lucky to be playing CF aswell. Would honestly be better balance if we moved him out wide. Didn't get all the world would end posts a few months ago when people were outraged if we moved him to the wing, he's lucky to be starting currently.

This. Put on the wing. At the moment, he couldn’t hit the net with a map and three feet. 

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

On the grape vine, he's looking for a move to Tottenham. Not happy they brought Ing's in.

What right have he got when we bring in Ings ? So we should only keep Davis/Wesley to warm his seat , if he’s injured. If its true he should go Spurs , the moment a Player think of his own self interest instead of the team, he’s will drag us down. So evident in the last few games he’s players very selfishly / hoarding ball instead passing etc.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

On the grape vine, he's looking for a move to Tottenham. Not happy they brought Ing's in.

Gosh, imagine the fee now for a premier league, England international striker signed for £30m just a season ago… can you see Levy paying it? Not convinced… 

• Like 1

Anyone interested in listening to an old fashioned, Give it all,  centre- forward ? 

There's an interview with Garry "Bruno" Thompson on the claret and blue podcast on YouTube.  Now that's a centre- forward who gave his all in every game for the claret and blue cause.

Â