Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

22 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Having Ings at the club seems to have brought the worst out in Ollie, like he’s trying too hard to prove himself. Dilemna we have is Ollie isnt great in a 2 and Ings isnt great on his own.

It seems :

• Ollie like to be played in, by ball players
  • Danny likes to play one, two's off a partner.

Its a bit early, IMV for us to be jumping to conclusions....time will tell.

I would like to see Archer play with one of them, it could throw up another conundrum, if it worked.

• Like 1

Archer definitely deserves some gametime whilst his confidence is high and Ollie is misfiring. Deano needs to show him no-one is undroppable. Bit disappointed a JPB hasnt really been given a chance yet, we didnt need to keep playing without wingers at home to Wolves. Still, its a long season, plenty of time to find some alrernative formulas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Having Ings at the club seems to have brought the worst out in Ollie, like he’s trying too hard to prove himself. Dilemna we have is Ollie isnt great in a 2 and Ings isnt great on his own.

judging by Ollies reaction when Ings scores.....I don't think its anything personal.

Ollie jumped on Danny's back on Saturday, when he scored, to celebrate.

I think Ollie is beating himself up over his dip in performances, hence the Hump .....it seems the lay off at the start of the season has marred his momentum and maybe missing Jack, Jack was instrumental in much that Ollie did.....when Bailey and Emi 2 is firing, you might see Ollie back to his best.

I think Ollie is a smashing player, who just needs to get his mojo back.....He will.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Archer definitely deserves some gametime whilst his confidence is high and Ollie is misfiring. Deano needs to show him no-one is undroppable. Bit disappointed a JPB hasnt really been given a chance yet, we didnt need to keep playing without wingers at home to Wolves. Still, its a long season, plenty of time to find some alrernative formulas.

I think the kids are great, but they have to find a level of intensity in this league, that allows them to stay on the pitch, to learn their trade....its a bit catch 22

If you saw Conor Gallagher last night( young player)....he highlights the level, you have to aim for to gain minutes......you can't just mosey on to the pitch and play a few one two's and expect to be given game time..you have to win your spurs and that means getting amongst the industrial stuff too.

I have no idea where our kids are in terms of being ready, but we also have to understand the manager has to trust them, with their presence.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I think its already been said by another poster....It shouldn't stop a first touch or a searing run in to space or a fierce battle for the ball..

Sure it could affect some things, but other things are no system related.

Ollie is playing very poorly by his own standards and his application is questionable, which I never saw last season.

Ollie is playing like he has the hump.

I think it's pretty obvious Ollie doesn't fancy playing in a pair. At all.

He isn't looking to link up with Ings, he isn't looking for him.

My feeling is Ollie wants to be THE guy. I'm 100 % confident we'd see a different Ollie in 4-3-3

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

My feeling is Ollie wants to be THE guy. I'm 100 % confident we'd see a different Ollie in 4-3-3

If we did go 4-3-3 Ollie would still be the one that starts for me

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not for me. He's been way off the pace so far. 

I’m unsure if it’s the formation that has affected him, but I agree he’s seemed well off the pace.

Its odd because it would’ve seemed unthinkable to be dropping Ollie, but on form you’ve got to go with Danny Ings if we revert to 4-3-3 with one ‘striker’. The biggest shock for me is that statistically he’s even pressing more than Ollie.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I don’t think it’s that he doesn’t fancy it I just think his natural instinct is to get a shot off. Same with Ings.  Nothing to do with wanting to be the guy. It’s just their natural game. 

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Not for me. He's been way off the pace so far. 

I agree.

We cannot keep waiting for players to come in to form, no matter how much we like them.....I love Ollie on form....but he has to know, poor form will not be rewarded and the others will see that too.

its setting standards....some of our big names have to understand, that they will not be in every game, for rotation purposes too, when they are all fit.

its not a headache, its strong management.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Is he out of form or just the 3-5-2 isn't suiting him.  I don't mind who he picks as long as he gets rid of this 3-5-2

I don't see it as the formation. It's decision making, touch, keeping the ball and finishing in some games. That's not down to the formation in my book.

• Like 1

Â