Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Trampoline foot. Bad attitude from the first whistle.

Youre dropped.

He's out of sorts and frustrated. No excuse of course and I wouldnt mind if he was subbed off as he's on a yellow. Whole team are struggling obviously not just Ollie but Ings has been the main man so far this season. 

Doing his best Hogan impression, but without the good runs.

Doesn't seem like a lot to do with whether he's playing in a two or not, but more to do with not being able to control a football.

Not been at the races this season, maybe the formation is not favorable, but my one gripe is he needs about 7 chances before he puts one away. Got the touch of a leper at the moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sorry maybe based on last season. But he starts ahead of Ings for me.  If not we may as well sell him. 

If we were offered an amount with a decent profit then I’d be open to it

5 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Not been at the races this season, maybe the formation is not favorable, but my one gripe is he needs about 7 chances before he puts one away. Got the touch of a leper at the moment. 

Was same last season, He scored 15 but could've easily got up to 25 with some of the chances he had.

Main difference this season is his all round game bar Chelsea hasn't been very good at all. Not pressing that well (1st minute booking tonight probably did for him) and touch and anticipation been poor aswell.

He's very lucky to be playing CF aswell. Would honestly be better balance if we moved him out wide. Didn't get all the world would end posts a few months ago when people were outraged if we moved him to the wing, he's lucky to be starting currently.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, calcifer said:

He so often has that shot at the keepers near post, and it's so rare that itll go in.

I blame the formation more than Ollie. It's been obvious since the start of the season he wasn't comfortable sharing the forward line and being restricted in his movement. 

The lad has improved year after year. Was amazing last year for us, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think he's a little lost trying to adjust.

His touch and technique has never been a strong point for him, but he's struggling In a 2. When he went up top on his own for the last 10 he looked much better, ran into space a couple of times and looked like the Ollie from last season.

Starts for me next game, Ings on the bench and let the 2 fight it out for a starting position, can only be good for both.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

His touch and technique has never been a strong point for him, but he's struggling In a 2. When he went up top on his own for the last 10 he looked much better, ran into space a couple of times and looked like the Ollie from last season.

Starts for me next game, Ings on the bench and let the 2 fight it out for a starting position, can only be good for both.

Short term that's the solution. Going forward we cant keep both at the club (making the assumption they don't forge an effective partnership)

Â