Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

30 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It's funny when those fans are wrong, because they spend all day saying insanely certain, black-or-white things that pollute the internet like little dog turds on a cracked pavement.

Oh man 😂 I have never had this concept spelled out so well. Thank you. 

46 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Anyway, everyone who said we didn't need another first-team striker has been pretty instantly proved wrong, haven't they? The club got it right.

wHat abOUt tHe MidFieLD?!!!111!

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Anyway, everyone who said we didn't need another first-team striker has been pretty instantly proved wrong, haven't they? The club got it right.

God imagine if we didn't have ings and we were preparing to line up with a front 3 of el ghazi, young and Wesley tomorrow...

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Could he be pushed wide after all?

Could it be with OW in the side we create more - but with Ings, our conversion rate will be higher?

Should be will more chance and Ings

Because El Ghazi still not good at assist and key chance both via bring the ball into box or pass/cross into the box, compare to JPB (his stats in friendly much far ahead than El Ghazi) and Ollie Watkins in wide roles also OW more team player and if player open he will always passing which El Ghazi never do any thing 

I watch games yesterday, I notice Smith like a fast move in a wide area to push forward than switch controlled via possession.

Watkins(/Traore)-Ings-Baliey(/Traore) with Buendia pinpoint pass. Or Cash and Young, Mings space to the runner. Will better than El Ghazi

if their Defence contains into the box that switches possession to penetrate box, (good thing about new set-piece style) so they don't want risk to get throw-in or corner or free-kick to give us extra pressure them.  Also if trap so force to play throw in and corner to get better chance to goal via set piece to give them think how stop us.

47 minutes ago, hippo said:

Could he be pushed wide after all ?

Could it be with OW in the side we create more - but with Ings our conversion rate will be higher ?

i said it in another thread, but we need to stop thinking that a "striker" can only play "central".

Mane plays left inside forward, Salah right inside forward, not "centrally", inside forwards can be deadly, especially for Villa when he have a "striker" like Ings who is a top finisher, but also likes to drop off and link play etc.

I think if we had a front 3 of Watkins - Ings - Bailey it would be deadly, Watkins and Bailey can cause havoc out wide, or Ings can drop a little deep as he likes to sometimes centrally, and Watkins and Bailey can run beyond and inside acting like two strikers almost, there are so many variations, and i think personally that Watkins would be deadly as an inside forward from the left, i also think bailey would be deadly as an inside forward from the right.

My own opinion, for what its worth, is a front 3 of Watkins - Ings - Bailey, with Buendia at the point of a midfield 3 behind would be horrible to deal with, however i can also see us going for a 4-4-1-1 type formation, with Ings as kind of the shadow striker role with Watikins leading the line, i suppose we will see....

Edited by MaVilla

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I thought it was only a minor injury?

Thank god we brought Ings! Ollie only training today so unlikely start tomorrow so third game on the trot, Wes going to Brugge, Davis crocked and our back up possible striker Traore also injured.

Just now, villaglint said:

Started off as a bruise! Taken three weeks to repair. 

Sounds like me when I’m asked to do the gardening, bruise from three weeks ago still hurts to do anything this week 😂

Wouldn’t be surprised if Ollie not in the again squad this weekend , the “if he gets through training” line is probably to avert to many injury crisis media bumfluffery questions 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know it well. 

Happens to all of our players. Bailey is suffering from one now too. Shame. 

In one sense to be fair, it's good that he can actually get a rest.

I can imagine if we didn't have Ings, he would probably be rushed back and risked.

Â